1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Ha ha, " are what we use to abbreviate minutes over here. And inches? It's not still the war is it? We have the metric system motherfucker. You know what we call a quarter pounder with cheese over here? That's right, a Royale with cheese! Big Mac is still a Big Mac though.

2. Ah OK, I thought Geneva might be the mistress ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha ha I wish but sadly those days are long since over. Plus, the current (and soon to be officially) Mrs JoeC is a fucking smokeshow, which is a blessing 'cos the last one was a right hound!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 14,000 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Take off my Beater tank and full Akro System and flog separate and mine was cheaper then that with a lot less miles (bought this year too) so I did OK too o_O:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I played with the 12" for 59 minutes, then worked it out o_O

#547 Exige, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  8. Yeah I can't see the need to pay the comedy prices that some clowns are asking, a little patience and the ability to act fast seems to do the trick. Putting it into perspective though, the wood bill for my new terrace comes to more than that so maybe it's a bargain after all!

• Like Like x 1
  9. They look like the standard Ti silencers (Akrapovic branded ones that come with the bike).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. We shall see. TBF I'm flying kinda blind on this one so don't really know what I'll be looking at having never even seen a real one (salesman's dream)! Does it have the likes of carbon fairings/titanium/magnesium bits hanging off it?

11. And and and, and get how much for em? Eh? Eh? Eh?

12. Going rate for second hand is what I calculated :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. 1 piece carbon belly pan, carbon infills (under the tank and seat), carbon air tube covers, carbon front mudguard, carbon belt covers and carbon monoposta seat unit is the sum total of the carbon parts. Cam covers are magnesium. I agree with RickyX that the exhaust system looks like the original Akrapovic road system which is not a bad thing. The carbon Termignoni race half system (just the long carbon end cans) was standard on the US model but was an extra in Europe. The full 70mm race system was a DP extra everywhere. You need at least the half race system and dedicated ecu to enable the traction control. More pictures from different angles would be appreciated. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. And that man saved me a bit too :):upyeah:

15. Thanks that's very helpful. I'm going up to see it one day next week to make sure all is ok and I will take the obligatory terrible iphone photos then. The dealer's then going to prep it for me and I'll aim to collect it in about a months time when I've finished work for the year, so I'll ask about an exhaust system next week and see if they can source one and fit it for me in the interim!

16. Instant telltale with the seat, the rubber bump stop has a small dzus 1/4 turn fastener as you remove the bump stop to get access to the DDA. Andy

17. I won't go into what I paid for mine then. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. None of you can beat my 999R though!

19. That's why I mentioned when I bought it as it's all relative :yum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information