1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. He never rides 'em:laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Think mine was about £340 from memory with low miles and an R1 on the road. I insured it with Ducati insurance at £15,500 with the R1 at £3500 and more miles as it’s my work horse use anytime bike.
    Approach £20k in value and the price starts to climb and also the need for a tracker.
    I only have 3 on the road at any one time, it was cheaper to put my YR5 on a classic policy separate at £125
    My laid up policies cost about £80 per £10k in value.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. He never rides them but rides them much more than you :sob:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I’ve just renewed my multi bike policy on my 1200 Multistrada and 1098R with Ramasis (aka Ducati Insurance) for just over £400. Main reason I went with the policy is it will allow me to add the V4 Speciale at a cost I was prepared to pay. I will still be looking at about £1100 but that is the most competative quote I found. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Be Moto have looked after me, quote 44teeth for a little more discount , multi pp,bmw s1000 and 1299 aniversairo with a 30k agreed value, extra helmet and leathers cover £700.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Tis true :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheers chaps.. so it is possible to get them done for a reasonable price!! Will Wait for the ducati insurance quote and then try BeMoto ...

8. I just renewed mine a few days ago for £177! Used compare the meerkat, and the top quote was from Bennetts. Its the additions policy too so with all the regular add ons/cover.
    Value was set at £19,999.

Try compare the market if you haven't already.
    Also how about trying each bike on a separate policy?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. There are too many of them! No wonder I can’t find a buyer for mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. people seen to have lost interest in the 1098r

11. Probably the asking prices...

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. I heard today from a factory insider that they had lost interest in the V4 :thinkingface: - sales are poor and not as forecast evidently :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cool and the gang. I’ll keep it. I’d say the 1098R is absolutely nailed on for Ducati’s Hall of Fame. I’ve ridden a few and the 1098R is special.
    I’m more than happy to hang on til the price is right. Even if it takes years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Totally agree - hesitated to spend so much on a bike but, and it's a personal thing, there's nothing else that i would want to replace it with for it's looks and wacky intricacies while standing still or for it's performance when it's moving - i.e. - I don't regret getting it at all and i'm not worried whether it goes up or down in value.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'd love to buy ash's race 1098r. If I had the wonga :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Nice one @Exige , just ordered mine :cool:

17. I got 4 for £20 but I did spend a lot of money with them this year :worried:

18. Think they found a box full :eyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information