1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Me, since a couple of months!

2. I used to feel part of an exclusive club. Now these 1098R's are 10-a-penny. :( Or maybe 3-a-Yorkie. :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :motorcycleduc: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ha ha yeah, what does one have to do to keep the filthy hordes at bay, buy a D16?

4. Arrrgh! No. o_O

5. Find your self a 1098 rs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Or a 1198R

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It’ll be something fairly soon, once I get my Speciale deposit safely returned!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sadly, I left the 1098r Community yesterday having replaced mine with a V4. Have only done about 60 miles on the new one but....... OMFG! What a track bike that promises to be. Get her run in and whack on some plastics by spring. See you all on track sometime

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey guys... bit of advice required... over xmas I thought id treat the R to a set of AEM carbon levers, damn sexy they are too!! But also feckin expensive.. the fit is fine as you'd expect BUT the clutch doesn't come with anything to activate the micro switch... my understanding is that the switch is purely to enable you to start the bike in gear??? Is there a way of using these levers and adding something else to activate the switch when the clutch is engaged? I heard a banjo bolt mentioned somewhere... (am currently speaking with design corse) I'm actually leaning towards a return and refund as i dont think i should spend 350 quid to lose functionality of my bike but thought id just pose the question incase amyone has anything similar... TIA guys

10. Micro switch is so you can’t engage gear with the side stand down as well as being able to start in gear (side stand up). The only aftermarket levers I bought for the R are Renthal and both the clutch and brake came with screw in spigots to operate the brake and clutch micro switches for the road bike. Little surprised at that price point the carbon levers would appear to be race only - no brake light and no side stand. Andy

11. Thanks Andy, ive got CRG
    Carbon shortys on at the moment and they have the bits too... sadly think ill be returning the AEM items as can't for the life of me see another way of having switch functionality and the levers..

12. Anyone on here own no. 164/500 of the 1098R Bayliss?

Guy on the DOCGB Facebook forum has the plaque and is wanting to get it reunited with the bike.

#833 harryscfc, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  13. Chances are that the bike is no more, I would have thought. :thinkingface:

14. 2D9D7296-EB7E-4160-B315-7036B3EC6AF0.jpeg
    Hi, it’s the presentation plaque for limited edition number 164/500 1098R Troy Bayliss that I would like to reunite with the bike. Not number 162 thanks.

#835 Ducaian, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Oops. Edited my post. Sorry dude. Good luck.

16. I sold mine about 6 months ago. Already regretting it.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Add me to the 1098r list if you are still keeping it up to date

• Like Like x 6
  18. You can remove me......mine went Jan 2020!! Miss it soooo much!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information