1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Bayliss Le - A Good Investment?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Keith Kirtland, Apr 17, 2019.

1. I have a 1098R which I bought last summer at an ultimate cost of 9700€, I expect if I wished to sell it now it would fetch almost double that. I bought it with no intention of selling it however.
    I personally don’t expect any of the R bikes (or limited editions) to increase much in value from where they are now. In my opinion asking prices are already over inflated and there is a very limited pool of buyers getting weary of supporting such prices, myself included.
    If you can afford it, why not buy it because you like it and forget about future value? They are an absolute scream and there are far more certain investment opportunities.
    I myself have given up buying bikes for the time being (unless I find a bargain D16), to focus instead on enjoying the ones I already own.

• Like Like x 5
  2. That would at least seem to represent fairer value!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. They were saying that when Brough's hit £5000 :bucktooth:
    Bike have a cyclic value map of circa 20 years when they start to rise in value until circa 40 years old (for obvious reasons - age of buyers and disposable income in later life) rare Ducati's start to climb earlier and will be the next Vincent's and Brough's that keep climbing where everything else tails off. So far in history anyway :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I am obviously just trying to put the guy off and keep prices on the down low so I can afford a few more. You are not helping!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I wouldn’t put my shirt on it and I suspect that there will be some abuse heading your way for having the temerity to talk about Ducati in the same breath as HRD and Brough you naughty boy :joy: Andy

6. Take a look at the Made in Italy web site!

7. Buy as a bike firstly and enjoy it. I do however do my research on stuff before pulling the pin and won't pay over the odds. I seem to do OK.

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't pay £25k for that, it's very strong money and you are in a niche market. The ones for sale seem to have been around a while, with everyone looking at Sheffield's prices and trying their arm. A 2nd gen Panigale R would be my choice, and slightly less at this point in time. If you really want a 1098R, look at the standard red bike, exactly the same without the fancy pants suit, better looking imo, plus cheaper right now.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. What at :eyes:

10. What would you consider to be the Brough's and Vincent's of today :thinkingface: the modern Brough's are shit, The Norton's - don't think so Batman, Honda RC30/45 maybe along with the Ducati's :blush:

11. Thanks for all the comments - as ever heart is ruling head at the moment as it is one sweet bike....but......

As ever opportunies come up when you least expect them and didnt want to miss out and regret it later.

Appreciate comments about enjoying the bike and ignoring future value but on top of maintenance costs any significnat drop would hurt :weary_face:

12. That is my point, IMO there is no modern equivalent of those two classic manufacturers, nor will there ever be as the time of those bikes is long gone. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So what about the green frame 750SS for £160,000 :thinkingface: there's always a new era. it's a human thing :blush:

14. Or one born every minute. :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. If only we had one of these,life would be easler:thinkingface:
    index.jpg

16. 996 sps's will be worth a fortune!! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information