1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - Help Required!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ditchvisitor, May 18, 2020.

1. I’m working through bits I need to put the 1098R back to standard and I’ve come across some bits I need and are obsolete and no longer available from Ducati, they are the spacers for the tail unit that go between it and the rear subframe.

They screw in here:
    [​IMG]
    the part number is 71314181a but I’ve googled and looked on eBay and had no luck, does anyone have a tail unit that isn’t fitted and would be able to give me dimensions etc so I could get something made up please? Or better still have any spare!!
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

#1 ditchvisitor, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  2. [​IMG]
    Part number 32

3. Would anyone be able to help? Will be slightly unstuck with rebuilding it without these!!

4. AMS Ducati Dallas have them if you are happy to import.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 100% happy to import them! Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you soooo much! Have ordered two of them! Really appreciate the heads up.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Back to square one, they didn’t have them in stock and tried to order them from Italy..... bugger!!

8. I’m not totally sure if my seat unit is still fully assembled but I’ll try and get in to the loft and check this morning. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  9. @Jamie Clare can more then likely create some for you, maybe you should start a thread once more with examples and photo’s of what you do Jamie?

10. If you can get one to copy, I can make them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. let me know what you need and we can look at it

12. Thanks guys, the problem I’m struggling with is getting one to copy, currently I have absolutely no idea on dimensions etc!

13. @ditchvisitor you do now. Not my best work of art but I hope it helps. Andy 20200606_095156.jpg 20200606_095202.jpg 20200606_095208.jpg 20200606_095220.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. T
    Thanks Andy appreciate it.

15. easy job

drop me a pm

16. Done
    Done!

17. Appreciate the help from everyone!

18. This might be the best bike forum ever :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yup! It’s bloody awesome, I’ve gone from tearing my hair out that I won’t be able to put it back together, to having pictures and someone making me a part in about an hour!! Marvellous!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information