1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Idea's / Values????

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Phil D, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Does that big cup not get in the way of you seeing the road? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. No, it's in Hungary with the winnerer of it :thinkingface:

3. No wonder it was only £9,000 then. He kept the best bit. :confused:

4. That's his ashtray

5. Ash-tray :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. He usually just uses the fuel tank. :skull: He's a Silly Billy. o_O

7. Like being married to miley Cyrus

8. Good for the environment though - Greta Truentgirl will be well happy :blush:

9. Is the Scottish one different? Can you not spend it in a pub

10. No, as was said - realistic seller and I had a p/x he wanted which made up 8700€ of the deal so I had to find 1000€ cash. I bought a 999R the summer before for 8450€. You need one ear to the ground and to be in the right place at the right time. Don’t overpay, be patient and it may just happen!

• Like Like x 2
  11. But what a way to go.:yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. [​IMG]

13. Wouldn’t it just be marvellous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. If price and price alone is your focus, that's great. Personally I've always bought on condition with 2nd hand stuff plus you get an idea of the current owner after a 5 minute chat. I'll happily pay a few quid more if the bike, car or whatever stacks up.
    My best mate always buys on price. He's obsessed with price, nothing else. And he's ended up with some right junk over the years. Not implying your bargain bikes are shite, it's just that I don't get hung up on price. If something's really cheap, there's often a reason.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Very true that, I purchased a car off a forum member last year, when it was advertised there were a few snips about it being to expensive, it was local to me so went to view it, the car was better than the day it came out of the factory, it had mats over the original Alfa mats , I would have paid more than the asking price if I had to, no haggling, tyre kicking, deposit paid and car collected a couple of days later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kind of agree with you on this bradders as I’ve been keeping an eye on for sale bikes as I always do and have noted that not only are panigales not achieving anything like the sellers want but 848 1098 and 1198’s are also falling very short of expected sale price that owners wish to achieve and then some of them write a pissy rant on eBay or whatever saying things like “ price lowered for last time and will not lower anymore and damn any of you for offering me anything lower than what I want” you know the kind right...
    So the 1098r is obviously a special bike but let’s face it most people can’t ride it on the road so it’s either track machine or living room art.
    The price bubble on them is a bit of a laugh as very few sell and just reappear somewhere for sale and probably never sell. So the bubble may or my not burst but the asking price of 20 k ish is a bit of a joke for something that you can’t ride on British roads, plus the potential of that machine is more for track day use which then devalues it anyways.
    Don’t get me wrong I would like to have one but 10 k tops as it’s only fairy dust and witches spells keeping the prices high. Just look how many Porsche 911’s starting at 60 k no offers to be 25k or nearest offer 3 months later.
    This is not a Ducati 1098r bashing post either as I love them. Just an opinion of which I have formed from constant value watching.
    Don’t hate me for it or I will send Liam
    Neeson round to fuck you up lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agree with Dildo (strange combination of words there) but the classic bike/car market is fickle and it's only really art that holds its value to be sought after by other collectors who are not as common as we hope. If you can buy a 1098R at a 'good' price and hold it until somebody else wants it at a 'good' price then that works. If you buy as something you expect to ride and than make a killing next year you will probably be disappointed

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. There is nothing wrong with agreeing with a dildo either as I hear my saying yes yes quite a lot to hers

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Each of the bikes (and my others) are in perfect condition with the usual historical references, provenance, paperwork etc and in nine times out of ten came direct from the local Ducati agent. As the many photos I have shared demonstrate, they weren’t budget buys and I genuinely believe that I was fortunate enough to be able to quickly respond when a deal was proposed, this placing me at an advantage. Also, dealers on the continent are generally obliged to provide a one year guarantee on motor vehicle sales which usually prevents sub standard offerings from coming on to the market.
    Buying on price is not for me, I do like a bargain, as most do but I am old and wise enough to recognize that all that glitters may not necessarily be gold!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information