1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - My Little Story...

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Exige, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Is it ok?

2. Quick! Back in the van and back to Winchester to get the number plate refitted!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The number plate? No, it's a gonner - bike is sweet :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. What was not wrong with it?

5. No fault found - very strange and can't explain it, ran as sweet as a nut today until 'plate' stopped play!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good news :D
    PS these new smiles really are bloody awful....Apart from this one....:poop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's the only one that can express what they are like :poop: but Rob will fix it for us :)

8. Yes they jumped on it within a couple of hours of it arriving :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. How quick does your average R model spin over on the starter ?
    Mine starts ok but spins over for a couple of seconds then semi pauses before cracking into life. That pause is enough to make you think it's not happening !
    Before you all ask, yes it lives on its optimate.

10. Mines got a brand new lithium battery and always takes a couple of seconds before howling into life... my 999s did the same and the Pani also did... in my limited experience its only been my Japanese bikes that fire up within a split second...

How are you finding it Simon? took mine out for its 3rd run today... what a fecking missile!! the torque is incredible!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sounds similar to mine but no significant pause. Just tried it now from cold. My battery did take a day for the optimate to settle down and read green so not sure how good it is.

12. Average and R, that's a sentence I didn't think I'd ever see.

13. Well, totally different from what I've had in the past.
    I expected it to tear my arms off but in truth I was just amazed by the sheer drive it had. It picks up the front , just a couple of inches off the floor and just holds it there whilst you keep feeding the gears . Red light comes on , flick another gear ,same again, red light comes on...........

''Twas only a short ride so that's all I know so far . Just amazing drive .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Is your USB plugged in under the seat? I left mine off the Optimate for a month, no alarm or tracker and it took a day or so to settle down when I put it back on charge. The mechanic who serviced it did just happen to mention that the USB has a slight draw of currrnt if left connected.

15. I never seem to rev mine to the point where I see the BRL (big red light), such is the torque of the thing :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. I took the battery off when I first put it on charge - battery was in the kitchen.

17. I rarely take my multi over 6k. And I rarely get left behind.

HTH :wouldnethumbsupiftherewasone

Do Not Sell My Personal Information