1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Quiz

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ash34, May 7, 2017.

1. Surprisingly it's very good on the move but she's not too happy if you let her idle for too long.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Problem solved.

The clutch plates were shot so we installed a new Sigma slipper and all is well with the world.

It seems that the DTC was fighting against the slipping clutch especially as it reached peak torque. It's news to me that DTC monitors more than just wheel speeds, but there you go, it's cured and I had a successful test day at the Hungaroring on Thursday.

Here's the first couple of gentle laps on the new clutch with DTC turned off, then DTC set to level 2.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Excellent! You've just prompted me to renew my clutch pack before I head off to Slovakiaring and Brno.

Good luck in your series matey!

4. Only just seen that Chris (North996) joined in on this thread earlier.

This was an epic bit of fault finding masked by coincidence and copy-cat symptoms of something else entirely.

I need to put a 14T on the front and I'll be geared right for all the Hungarian tracks so I'm expecting even more improvements in 2 weeks at the next race.

Annoyingly this year 3 1199 Pannigales have appeared and these guys were about 2 secs faster than me on Thursday so correct gearing and a HM quickshifter are being ordered so that I can match their speed and then use my massive raw talent to leave them standing

5. I have a massive raw sausage....But that's probably no help at all...:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I've just dumped a massive sausage, but that's no help either...

7. Was thinking of having sausages for me tea, but suddenly I don't feel hungry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good luck @Ash34 , full marks for doing it rather than talking about it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Erm, back on topic please, sausage :)

10. Raw?? :)

11. I went with Beef Stew instead, couldn't get rid of certain mental images.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information