1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - R Is For Ridiculous

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Pot / Kettle :no_mouth:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. That's verging on racist :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. You have both? :eek: Very greedy indeed. :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank God for that, thought I was the only one that didn’t get that post! Are you alright @noobie ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A direct translation would be "it is an investment of love" :eyes:

6. OK so that’s the (Polish?) bit translated but what’s he talking about before that? Help us out @noobie ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Exactly, I'm still non the wiser. :confused:

8. Czech you heathen :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've just checked my heathen. :eyes: He's just standing in the back garden. He scares me. o_O

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. This is one of my favourite roads... luckily I only live 15mins from Helmsley!

I think it must be said that the 1098R can still be ridden like a pussy cat... (once above 20mph) if you short shift around 6k it becomes beautiful and relaxing to ride (if the road is smooth enough!) The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of mine (or rather think of the one I had, sold it this week :pensive:) is/was "incredibly beautiful to ride".

But if my other bike was an IL4 then I'd understand the "brute power / raw power" ... my others are an 1198s track bike with Q/A throttle thats a dirty whore of a bike and a 1299s with Q/A throttle that makes the 1198 feel like a bullozer!

Mark... I hope you love the 1098r as much as I did (and still do) you'll love winding the throttle to the lock stop in 3rd! FYI... the front wheel will start to lift around a ton! :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve recently added an Seton tweaked R1 to my garage , with a dyno printout which says it has 15bhp more than my tweaked 1098r at 203.
    First time out on the R1 was so interesting compared to the R in that it is just so much easier to ride such is the advancement of electronics , a total pussycat in comparison. A friend in the same pit had swapped his heavily tuned 1198S for a BMW and we both laughed at the energy needed to ride the Ducati.

but that’s not to say I dislike the R , it just gives you a totally different experience !!!!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ummmmm, so I was so impressed with all the comments, I just sold my 1098 Streetfighter and bought a zooped up 1198....it's freekin nuts...AND, is the 1098r in sheeps clothing (chuckle)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information