1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - The Perfect Ducati?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Dec 9, 2018.

1. I never used "The Beast" :motorcycleduc: last year and as it's going in for a service in the next month and I fully intend to use it this year, I thought I'd start it up today. :)

I forgot what an utter animal this thing is. Raw unlike any other bike I've ever owned or ridden. Just starting it up had the neighbours curtains twitching. :imp: I know we now have 240bhp V4's with electronics to make NASA jealous, but I honestly think nothing compares to a sorted one of these things in terms of giving you a tingle. :eyes:

When does summer start again? :thinkingface:

IMG_7646.JPG
    IMG_7645.JPG

• Like Like x 20
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Are you trying to wind me up lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ooooh - picture opportunity...o_O

IMG_2955.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nope, but I expect some flak. :eyes:

5. You should give me one of those Bayliss's, then we will have parity in the universe once more. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Sweet mother of God....Is that your garage or an operating theatre :astonished: ..... Not even slightly envious ;)
    Should rename this thread "The perfect garage"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. He's off the OCD scale, washes his hands 200 times a day and never gets to work because he keeps having to come home to check he's locked the door!:joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think the double plug socket on the back wall isn't level..........:worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm fairly certain the 1098R will go into Ducati's hall of fame. It is indeed a remarkable beast. I'm thrilled with the power and delivery of my V4S, but make no mistake, the 1098R is the borstal boy here. Get a bit ham fisted with the gas and you'll be spat off quick sharp. The V4S let's you take the piss a bit and lets you off, even makes you look clever. But not the 1098R. I'll have to remember my throttle manners next time I trundle down pit lane on this hooligan :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Everytime I go into the dealer, one of the lads in there keeps asking me if I still have it, not any of the others. :) He calls it "The last hairy chested man's Ducati" :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. It dips on the right hand side.

13. o_O

14. He's asking you to be his "Daddy"...

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. he only has one fire extinguisher and no eye wash station... but what shocks me most is that the beer fridge appears to be empty... very poor form...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You can sniff a beer out like a pig sniffs out truffles....... #legend

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Is that the lad in M&S? Westgate Road? Forgotten his name.... He sold me one of the last 999R's back in 2006...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep, Gary :)

19. Fridge is empty coz I drunk it. :yum Buying Christmas booze this week and will be spending a bit of time in there putting the 939 clutch in the Hyper over the hols. :)

Screenshot 2018-12-09 at 16.47.29.png

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information