1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1098r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Swiss T, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Not mine, but I was at a company in Derbyshire today, & the owner has a 1098R which he wants to sell. All I know is that it looked totally tidy & well looked after, & the asking price is £11k but willing to negotiate.

If interested, ask for Dan 01298 872 368.

I don't have any more info, but did take a few snaps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Swiss T, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. @Balmy, 'normal' one here :)

3. Looks like a potential bargain.

4. Don't suppose you know mileage ?

5. Bargain too!

6. No problem. I'm local to him too so I'll give him a call tomorrow.

7. I think it's the same guys that sold carbon BST's and an aluminium SP tank on ebay recently.

Still selling the Corse livery track kit on ebay under rocksolutions, so it might have been a bit of a track toy - not that this on its own is a bad thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was watching that tank hoping he'd drop it a little more. I should have mailed him I suppose seeing as he's ended it early. Damn :(

9. Thanks for pointing that out as it's saved me a call. I'd be wanting a garage queen example as I'd keep it forever.

10. Just a quick update guys re the 1098r above. I am now the proud owner of the bike. I drove up from West London on Friday after chatting to both the owner and Tony who posted the ad.
    Yes, the bike has 17,000 miles on the clock and has been used, but its surprisingly tidy for a bike with that much mileage. I had a 851 on which i rode 50,000 miles in five years.

The chap selling the bike was a gent and completely honest and had a bunch of receipts and the bikes history completely documented. JHP have been looking after it.

He gave me all the original parts as well.
    Engine sounds good and so bloody loud :grinning::grinning::grinning:

The bike is currently with a mate in Leicester at the moment and i will pick it up in a few weeks. I cant wait to get it in my hands. All insured and ready to go. Even looking at track days at Brands in May. Any other 1098r owners close to Ruislip, West London?

Did i mention how loud it is?

1098r.jpg

1098r2.jpg

#10 SP4S, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Awesome! Congrats

12. Thanks Mate, i have been reading some interesting reviews of the R, not sure my 50yr old heart can handle such a beast, lol.

Few more pics

1098r 1.JPG

1098r 2.JPG

1098r 3.JPG

13. Pfft! I'm 31 and my ears ring when my 899 lets rip! It's all good fun!

You may want an Oberon clutch slave cylinder or the like, it will really reduce the clutch weight. Was my best mod on my 848 Evo.

Did in mention it's stunning??? Absolutely epic

14. Hi Phil,

I agree it is stunning, belts changed and serviced in August, so all ready to go. Just need the weather to improve so that i can catch train to Leicester and pick her up.

15. Great buy :)

I used to wear earplugs with the Panigale but now I'm just deaf and it's all ok!

16. Nice one! You got yourself a bargain there!
    Don't worry about your age, you ain't the oldest R owner!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. i am in west london with 1098r but i am a pussy and mainly just looking at it, no riding. clutch is heavy, i agree with other guys! amazing bike - you will love it!
    did insurance man fuck you up?

18. Nice. I'm not too far from you, just north of South Mymms services/J23 of the M25. I only have an 1198s though:)

Let me know what you discover about Brands as i'd like to do it this year too.

19. There is a thread open at the moment about Ducati only track days. Will check the Brands and Silverstone dates.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Good for you Inda; you only live once pal. :sunglasses:

I will expect my commission cheque in due course :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information