1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1098r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Esbee, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKRM?

2. Not services, but skydived with lots of forces personnel including marines :)

3. Anyway...good luck with the sale. Crash bungs do put people off, there was one on ebay ages (and several times) and couldn't sell for 11995 so I wonder if it would be worth finding another set of fairings :)

It it was close to 12k, I would be interested: likely bungs may come in useful LOL :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seems to be an obsession with bungs here... Just how much would a pair of fairings cost? Or, couldn't a decent bodyshop render where the bungs had been invisible? As far as I'm aware they're "only" 1x98 panels with different badges, not carbon fibre as on earlier R models?

Good luck with the sale.

#24 AndrewS, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I had similar R&G bungs on my old Panigale and they 100% saved me several thousand pounds worth of bills. I paid out the thousands for the R, wish I had the damn bungs but they're soooo damn ugly! I have small teardrop race bungs on the R6 which are almost as effective and look so much better but you dont seem to be able to get them for the Panigale?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. These?
    http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Ducati/899_Panigale/2015/CP0389/

7. Those are the ones that I had on the last Pani. Certainly effective but ugly and you have to fit half a tonne of metal work to support them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Surely just buy some crappy track day fairings? That's what I plan to do next year with mine!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. From R&G's web site: "They offer essential core protection to the bike's engine, radiator etc; keeping them away from the tarmac in the event of a crash or drop". I don't know how true that is, but "crappy track day fairings" wouldn't offer much (any?) such protection.

10. Maybe not, but I'm not happy to go about looking like a tit, just on the off chance I might fall off. Maybe add some stabilisers too, justv in case!

11. I have R&G under Fairing bungs on my R. Seems like the best solution as no nasty holes in Fairings and they are not visible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Do you use those alongside engine case protection?

13. No, just the bungs and some on the forks.

14. If you remove the bungs, I'll buy the holes in the fairings from you. :thinkingface: That means when I sell my bike, I can remove the holes and put my fairings back to new. :blush: Result. :upyeah:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Handy it had crash bungs, would save a buyer that's actually going to use the bike putting them on. I put them on every bike I use. I learned the hard way...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Checked my bank. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. @bradders this is better than any Porsche mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. @Esbee sorry didn't mean to spam your sale ad with talk of bungs. I would be seriously considering fitting them if I had this bike as it's beautiful. Great to see it actually has been rode a bit as well as being kept so nice looking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. No worries .... who would have thought crash bungs weee such an emotive subject??!!! I’m in no hurry to sell and it’s an amazing machine which will hopefully appeal to an enthusiast on here. If not - well, I’m pretty relaxed about other people’s opinions.
    Cheers all.

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information