1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1098r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Esbee, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't get these bungs at all tbh. I'd much rather my bike slid along the road, maybe requiring a new fairing, clutch cover etc, than have a protrusion from the side of the bike just waiting to catch a pothole, gutter or kerb with the energy of a 180kg bike moving at speed. This is surely going to do more damage than good. Nobody can convince me that if you did have an off with these bungs in place that the bike would be otherwise unmarked anyway, so I can't see any benefit and a lot of potential issues (maybe if it fell off its side stand, maybe). o_O

Anyway, they look hideous and you have to drill your fairings. I personally would walk away from buying a bike with them fitted unless the price reflected a new pair of fairings. :(

Nice bike anyway, just a shame about the bu...............:worried:

#61 Robarano, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. As a matter of interest, how much is a set of fairings?

3. @nelly could help with that

4. Just shy of £600 each for the side panels, the belly pan (carbon) is £1700, the nose fairing £640 and the seat unit (painful bit) £3760!! You don't want to bust that :p

Agree with Robarano though on the bungs thing. Under fairing type have their place in saving frame and engine cases etc. The fairing is going to get busted anyhow so use it to slide and absorb energy that would otherwise get transferred in to the chassis. Seen bikes that have gone down then dug in and barrel rolled. Buggers a lot more stuff up than a fairing panel and levers. Fixed rearsets can also cause more damage than their worth to. Pegs fold for a reason IMO.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Thanks for that nelly - not inexpensive are they!!! I feel a bit guilty about hijacking the OP's thread (but it keeps it at the top of the list),but a couple of points.

Cost of replacing the side panels - we're talking about around a grand on a 16+k bike; I would have thought an arrangement could be arrived at if everything else was alright. Anyway, I still reckon a good body-shop could fill and paint the holes.

Good points about the potential downsides of bungs - glad I've got the under-fairings ones!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bloody hell. Glad I have spare Fairings, carbon side panels, belly pan and seat unit for my 1098R squirreled away. :eek:

I don't have a nose cone though. :(

Anyhoo, saying that, fairing panels do come up quite regularly, so maybe not as hard to pick up as you would imagine. I think they'll be the proverbial hen's teeth in 5 years though. - Full Set advertised last week, now looks to be gone, or maybe the auction ran out.

RHS 1098R panel on atm. They are all the same anyway if you know a decent painter to change the decal. It's the unique carbon parts that are the expensive ones, like the seat and one piece belly pan.

7. Who puts bungs on an "R"?
    Village somewhere missing it's idiot.

8. Some of us may have factored that in to a value :upyeah:wouldn’t think it would be worthwhile filling: just replace and use the others as trackday fairings :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I would check the rear of panels for repairs when spending thousands on a bike - also check the year and month codes - I would not buy one with repaired panels unless it was factored into the price as ultimately I would need to replace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If I buy one, you can come and have a look first ;)

11. Hey, that's my job ! Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You’re closer :upyeah:

And probably won’t try and charge more than a coffee and a bacon sarnie ;)

13. :astonished: £3760 farkin ridiculous & the white bits aren't even paint it's a bit of vinyl :joy:

GLWS mate looks a beauty :upyeah:

14. I would buy you one :innocent::upyeah: (a butty not the bike) :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Would you buggery. You don't even buy your own cigarettes. Ask @bettes .

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. He feeds me them :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Everything has its cost! ;)

18. Ouch! Bad memories :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Thread closed as requested by op

• Useful Useful x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.