1098s Battery Box

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Robarano, Nov 24, 2013.

1. I attempted to remove the bettery cover on my 1098s a few days ago to re-route my Optimate cable. I was unable to undo the allen head bolt (2) holding the battery cover on, as the captive nut in the battery box seemed to be turning with the bolt.

Does anybody have any ideas? before I remove the box by breaking it and have to buy a new one. :rolleyes:

Picture2.jpg

Picture2.jpg

2. this happened in my last 1098.

3. About as much use as men's tits :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. What did you do?

5. sold the bike.

6. A bit darastic, but I'll give it a go.

7. or you could unhook the bottom of the tee piece that holds the battery in place and bend upwards to allow battery to slip out. you will most likely snap the hose clip piece though.

8. failing that 5 packs of whatsits some wine gums and fifty shiny new penniess

9. Hi Robarano. I've got exactly the same problem on my 848. Did you find a solution (other than selling the bike!)? I was thinking of drilling the bolt and getting a new bolt and thread, but not sure what I need exactly. If there's an easier way I'll take it!

10. I haven't looked at it. I forgot all about it Matt.

11. You need a new battery box I'm afraid. Same thing has happened to mine. The nut breaks free when over tightened, which is really easily done.
    Its a pain because the bit you need also holds the reg rec underneath the battery. A good hours labour to get it all replaced. Major PITA
    The actual part is pretty cheap if you hunt around
    Ducati 848 1098 1198 Battery Tray Box Updated Heatshield | eBay

Do Not Sell My Personal Information