1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s What's The Current Market Value?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by baylissboy, Dec 19, 2017.

1. I'm hopefully going to be in the market for a Streetfighter, always fancied one, but never got round to getting one in my garage.
    I want a 1098S model with relatively low mileage, with a few tasteful extras, including Termi's & some carbon goodies.
    I was wondering what sort of money they are fetching?

Thanks in advance.

2. Any where between 7-10k for clean example mate. I'd go 1198s personally.

3. You can't get an 1198S Streetfighter. :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have seen them up to £12,000 for a mint 5k mile example but bagged one at the same time for a lot less - this was 2 years ago and not checked since but I think around the same - £8K to £12K mileage dependent, but haven't looked lately.
    I have a low mileage S with full service history laid up in my house - 100% standard with 1984 miles, not planning on parting with it though so it would need to be a decent offer to prise it away from me :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anyhoo. Picture opportunity. :blush:

Here's mine, bought new in 2013. Some tasteful (I think so anyway) mods. I've kept all of the standard bits in a box in the loft for if / when I sell. I love this bike. :heart:

Akrapovic slip ons with DP ECU.
    Ohlins steering damper.
    DP carbon oversize air intakes.
    DP slipper clutch
    JHP half clutch cover
    Gilles rear sets
    Gilles levers
    Evotech rad & oil cooler guards
    Evotech exhaust hangar
    DP suede seat
    Rizoma circuit mirrors
    Rizoma small fluid pots for the brake and clutch
    Carbon key surround
    Carbon side rad guards
    DP tail tidy
    Venture shield

Streetfighter.jpg.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thanks guys, you've given me a good starting point!

7. Oh my bad didn't see the street fighter bit!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I looked recently, only two S' were available, both around £9.5k - I forget the mileage. They do seem to be a bike where people throw some awful mods on them when there are nicer variants out there - cans and screens being the two main culprits.

9. If you ever sell that please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Woods of Abergele had a nice red frame model for sale last month, forget the year but it was a late one, only done 4000 Miles from memory. It started at over £10k but soon reduced to just over £9k and that’s a dealer price.

I had a 2009. I saw one few months back and had forgot what an amazing looking bike they were, just never very popular.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Woods of Abergele had a nice red frame model for sale last month, forget the year but it was a late one, only done 4000 Miles from memory. It started at over £10k but soon reduced to just over £9k and that’s a dealer price.

I had a 2009. I saw one few months back and had forgot what an amazing looking bike they were, just never very popular.

12. That wasn't an S though was it? :)

#13 Exige, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. So after he's sold it you want to know? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Deffo was an S. Had a few nice DP bits on. I was tempted to have a look but 250 mile round trip.

15. If it was a red framed 'S', it was the 2013 model with the titanium bodywork. The rarest of the combo. £9k seems very cheap for that bike, very cheap. The 848 was produced with a red frame, so it could well have been one of these. Do you have a link?

Streetfighter S colours
    2013 - Red frame, Black wheels, titanium bodywork
    2011 - 2012 - Black frame, Black wheels, Red or black bodywork
    2008 - 2010 - Bronze frame. Bronze wheels, red or black bodywork

2013 bike
    [​IMG]

2011 - 2012 bike
    Streetfighter.jpg.jpg

>2010 bike
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just been on Wood's website, no Streetfighters listed at all.

17. It was even rarer, ;) - red frame, red bodywork, black wheels. It either got shelved or sold around two weeks ago. There are about 3 1098S models still around, all dealers.

18. It's an 848 then. The SFS never came with red frame / bodywork combo. All red framed SFS had the titanium colour bodywork.

The 9k price tag makes sense now.

**Edit - Oooopps, see post #22 :)

[​IMG]

#19 Robarano, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
  19. it was a 1098S - probably a customer special order.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information