1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s What's The Current Market Value?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by baylissboy, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Actually, I've just found it :) They did list it as an 'S' and it has Ohlins and traction control.

Hmm, it shouldn't have red bodywork, unless it's had a colour change. It would be interesting to know the history of it.

upload_2017-12-20_12-55-7.png

upload_2017-12-20_12-55-44.png

upload_2017-12-20_12-56-2.png

upload_2017-12-20_12-58-29.png

upload_2017-12-20_12-59-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. don't beat yourself up R, none of you are perfect :upyeah:

#23 Chris, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I've just never seen one. :motorcycleduc: I'm always happy to learn Chris. :innocent:

4. Now with that additional info, are you perfect :eek:
    Some dealers check the book price still and miss the proper values. I missed a low mileage 999R a year ago at under £9k. I was the second caller :( it was on EBay the same afternoon at around +£4K

5. Yes, normal service has been resumed. :innocent:

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. still kicking myself about the black 1098S S/F that went "for a song" on South Coast late this summer, particularly as the (then) owner had posted on this site to sort a few problems out before selling via the dealer..

7. Yes, like Bradders and his Porsche we must learn not to snooze in these situations!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. to be fair, I couldn't have changed a thing - i'm not one to start P.M.-ing people just in case someone is selling a bike - Rob/El Toro would not approve - have experience of same happened early days with an Italian marque club and had to be nipped in the bud. I contacted dealer within an hour of advert going up to discover that a caller had phoned and placed a deposit within minutes.

9. Sod :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Happy to help :):upyeah:

11. How can some people disagree with a question :eek: :innocent:

12. So....apart from the colour changes...are all standard specs the same from year to year?

What are the faults that I should be looking out for?

13. Ive the 2010, Bought with 2900miles, termi's, carbon, Slipper clutch etc, Bought 2 years ago for 9k, prices are much the same at the moment for similar milage, Miles seem to determine price tbh, Luv the bike
    2016-09-03 15.47.29.jpg 2017-04-17 15.16.50-1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yep, they are all the same, apart from the colours.

• The SFS 1098 benefits from having the stronger bottom end of the 1198, so you have peace of mind on that.
    • Fuel tanks can deform (believed to be from ethanol in some fuels). I have had 3 tanks on mine since I bought it. It seems to be very random as to what's affected.
    • @Gimlet had some big problems with his dash, I'm sure he'll be happy to fill you in.
    • Service history is a must. After all, it is basically a 1098S superbike without the fancy pants.
    • Termignoni slip ons or some other premium exhausts are desireable as they can cost over £1,000 to buy new.

#35 Robarano, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Doesn't the non s have the same bottom end too?

16. Yep, I was simply talking about what to look for on an SFS. Some people may not know that the 1098 SF has an 1198 bottom end and think it can suffer from the bearing failure sometimes seen on the 1098 Superbike. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh, get'cha.

I've only ever had two naked bikes in my short life, the SF holds the record for the longest ownership (6 months before it got nicked). :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. All fuel tanks made by Acerbis from PA6 are susceptible to bloating caused solely by water absorption. You can confirm this by checking the underside of the tank as it will state PA6 next to the manufacturer. PA6 can absorb up to 2.4% of it's volume with water and as ethanol is miscible with water it presents an ideal transfer opportunity for any water-laden ethanol when in contact with the tank walls (not to mention any moisture present in a possible air void above the fuel) so any tank made from PA6 will grow in size if constantly saturated with water/exposed to damp for long periods without ethanol present.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Do Ducati offer any sort of extended warranty on these tanks, as it's obviously a manufacturing issue?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information