1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098sf Test Ride

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by duke63, Oct 23, 2018.

1. And a lovely sky blue sofa with winged arms that would go very lovely with my carpet :heart_eyes:

2. I've got both a 1098SFS and a 1098S Superbike. The Streetfighter doesn't have the aggression and brutish nature of the Superbike but still has the power and torque, it's just delivered in a milder manner. The Streetfighter is great fun to ride, being in a more upright riding position you can really throw it round the twistys. From point to point back road riding the SFS is as quick as the S. The difference is on the S you'll be shitting it most of the way, on the SFS you won't. Depends on what colour of underpants you prefer! :blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Put 1098 superbike cams in the streetfighter

4. There was someone here a few years ago put a 1098R engine in a streetfighter. I bet that was a fair weapon!

5. I seen that,it was built by biggelaar in Holland,was a tuned R motor aswell. Just shy of 200bhp

6. Show off!!!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Says him with a garage full of really nice bikes!!!!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. I sold a lovely one a few months back though. :sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Really......Lol Don't worry I'm looking after it.....treating it to a new front tyre tomorrow....then strip & clean before it's put away for winter!!!

10. How much have you used it Steve?

11. Done about 1K miles on it.....far more than the Bayliss.....I love it!! It really fits the bill for what I wanted it for, I can go out on it, have loads of fun & not risk being thrown in jail!! Lol It's ace mate....you should buy one!!! Lol

12. This one.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ducati-streetfighter-r.46370/

Your sum up of the 1098SF sounds very similar my findings. Good to ride, torquey and quick but far from insane. I think maybe I was expecting too much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If a bargain comes up, you never know, but would have to be an SFS. I fancy one with an orange frame, like the one below tbh. To maybe custom it in some way. TBH, I'd proably just put the same bits on that I sold mine with, I was well happy with it. :) :upyeah:

gc4770181778973747486.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. I do think it's the most purposeful looking bike Ducati have ever made.

Anyone tried an 848SF and 1098SF and if so how much difference is there?

15. Got both the same as difference between normal 848 & 1098 really you can cane a 848 all the way but 1098 needs little more respect when pinning the throttle from a round about

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information