1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100evo Sp Back Fire Low Revs Splutters. My Dash Goes Off And On In A Split Second

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Shaun ward, Jul 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Only does it below 5000 it chugs the dash drops from 60 to 30 for example for a split second. I'm thinking Throttle position also back fire's when this occurs I'm new to the 1100 so what the fixes u experienced ppl know
    The list is long for my experience

2. could be several things as usual but early signs of failing Regulator can have similar symptoms.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Iv got a diagnostic next Fri will that root ont the problem. Also its worse when it's wet

4. I think it Throttle position or electrical but I'm just guessing

5. Check the battery terminals are nice and tight. Had similar episode on mine - turned out to be battery connection was loose ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Will do chap as the dash flickers as well... Ppl aslo have side stand issues with the problems lol
    Will do mate. That was first port of call cheers

7. Right I left it out in rain the seat is like a couch y. No waterproofing atall on the key area strange. Cleaned all connectors and dried with hair dryer sand paper to fresh metal. Tightened up. Boom no back fire atall. Runs fine now

8. Front HT lead can be prone to shorting in wet due to damage from debris from front wheel, if u can remove plug cap & put some heat shrink then refit cap & then shrink over lead & cap end. Sorted my problem 35k ago. Still good.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information