1100s Vs 1100 Evo

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Attila Keszthelyi, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi guys,

I'll buy a Monster 1100 this week, but I can't decide between two bikes:

One of them is an 1100s: 2008, 20000 miles
    The other one is an 1100 evo: 2012, 8000 miles, carbon Termignoni cans + DP ecu + air filter. (and the original parts of course)

The evo's price is £1200 more than the S.

I prefer the evo, because of the safety pack, less mileage, and it's much younger.
    My only problem is the popping exhaust on deceleration. I know, it's not harmful for the bike, but I don't like it.
    What do you think, it can be fixed, or the evo is a "popping bike"?

The 1100s comes with stock exhaust, so I can't try if it's popping or not with open cans. I don't have any experience with 1100ccm Ducatis.

I read on some forums that evo has better seat, smaller tank, less torque, but more power in the specification. So I'm totally confused.

Could anybody help me to decide?

2. Go with the Evo, better engine, only draw back is no dry clutch, but I am old school :).
    Popping??, should not happen!!, does it have the DP airfilter and ecu??, either way, get it in for a Rexxer ecu flash, really smooths out the engine and gains bhp & torque :).
    Search posts I and others have put up regarding mods etc, a lot of information on them.

The plus for the 1100s is the ohlins, but it is oem ohlins, not ohlins ohlins if that makes sense. But with 20k on the 1100s, defo go for the Evo, but then I am biased ;-)

3. I have Termis on an 1100 Evo. No popping.

Evo motor is 6kg lighter.....I think.

4. Dry clutch doesn't matter for me. If I want to rattle, I ride my M1000. :)

It has DP airfilter and ECU.
    Sadly I live in Hungary at the moment, and not easy to reflash an ECU here. (A valve adjustment took 3 months here :D)
    So I prefer plug and play solutions, hence I choose this bike with full Termignoni kit, and not an other slipon + custom airfilter combo.

Why does it have a better engine? What's the difference?

5. Do you use it without db-killer?

6. I have 1100S with Ti Termis. It pops like a bastard but who cares. Suspension on S is way better than Evo.

7. No Problem, you can post your ECU to a dealer who does the Rexxer flash, they do not need the bike ;-)
    If there are none in Hungary or local country's you can post to a UK dealer, I would recommend contacting Neil at Cornerspeed a top Official Ducati Service centre.

8. Thanks, I wrote him today.
    He said it seems inherent in the later air cooled engines running the Siemens ECU’s. Reflash softens it a little but I wouldn’t guarantee it would stop.

9. Without, bien sur.

10. I run an old Supersport ECU on mine from 2002. But it still popped a bit before I had it remapped. it was running lean as well

11. I agree thats why i bought a set of S suspension then had it all revalved/sprung by darren at MCT to suit me.

The marzocchi forks fitted to the evo are shite and cost more to fix than they are worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Is there a significant difference on road as well? I rarely ride my bike on racetrack.

#12 Attila Keszthelyi, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  13. It depends where and how you ride but also how much you weigh.

Go for the newer bike
    You will love it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information