1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Battery Replacement Advice

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by motosteev, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Did you replace the existing leads or leave them in place... I'm assuming piggy backing means leaving the originals in place? just wasn't sure if thats what you do on certain models?

2. Replaced the Solenoid to Battery, tucked the Solenoid end of the Battery to Solenoid out of the way, but this can be piggy backed (tie wrapped behind the solenoid holder so the live feed to the harness remains without any mods) replaced the Solenoid to Starter cable and left the standard Earth and added the new one...

3. Just replaced the battery on the 1098 with the old larger ytx14 type. This fits in the battery box if you remove the packer and take out the 2 rubber grommets also that pack it out. I bought a ETX14 by Deka. Fits spot on and was only 85% charged when purchased and was tested to be giving over 320cca. So should be higher when fully charged. I have also fitted exiges leads and it now cranks over easily and starts within less than 2 seconds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I did the same and replaced the battery as you have with a Numax Gel battery made for Harley engines which need lots of cranking power. It has been fantastic and was super impressed with the service i got from Go Batteries. i`ll put the link below to the battery i purchased. https://www.gobatteries.co.uk/produ...-motorcycle-battery-12v-14ah-harley-davidson/

Do Not Sell My Personal Information