1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1198 No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looks like he's developed an itch too (I'll let you imagine how and why)! :worried:

2. danny pedrosa manages...

• Like Like x 1
  3. hmm, maybe you should "go to the mirror". anyhoo, nice bike do you "think its alright?" has it been "fiddled about" someone could have an "amazing journey" on it. oi, tommy,"can you "hear me"?.
    meh, i aint "gonna take it.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. With a support team of more than a few... and I don't think the team has ( or had) like it or lump stuff going on... well perhaps for the last few seasons they may have....
    Danny forced to leave for being short!!!!

5. hmmmm where about are you based?, could well be interested in the beast.....cheers

6. Leeds

7. Yes I’m Leeds based, I’m off for the bike later although a small job has just come in so could delay collecting to tomorrow, I’m in no rush to sell am exploring the adjustment possibilities as it really is a dream bike for me, at the moment it doesn’t look great as in a bit much for me, had interest and offers of part exchanges that are not ruled out, I’m needing to collect it asap, then can evaluate things more, but the cost to get it manageable for me could be too high anyway

8. 999s are 780mm. I think about the lowest bikes around. The seat height of the newer crop is at least a couple of inches more and it puts me off at 5”8. You could buy two nearly for that

9. The red frame 999’s 749’s look ok I had a yellow one that I quite liked

10. That doesn't make sense, you are not shortening the shock, you're replacing the link.

You're also coming from a very small bike, it is different, challenge yourself, you will get used to it - if you really want to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gareth is one of the countries foremost motorcycle suspension experts (in fact probably the best as he's from Yorkshire), it depends what he was asked and what he actually answered and what was thought to have been asked and what the relative answer was thought to be based on o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ok I have no idea what is what suspension wise, as far as coming from a very small bike is concerned technically that’s not true, reason been my last road bike was an 848 that on paper is 10mm higher than the 1198, the rvf 400 I have now is not used by me I have not done 20 miles on it ok maybe 20, I have owned an sp1, and 3 sp2’s, 4 fireblades, 2 x848’s, 1 x749, 6xrvf’s (I think), 2xkdx 200’s, 1xklr 250, 1x gsxr 750, rs250, rd 250, appreciate what you mean but the underlying problem is I had a brain injury (stroke) it’s left me with balance issues, coordination issues, confidence issues, I do think the 1198 is higher than the 848 possibly due to ride height adjuster or something else to be found out, my main concern is I’m not a danger to other people, that I’m capable and confident like I always was, I’m approaching 3 years since ‘it’ happened ‘I’m closing in’ ... I’m a realist if I wasn’t I would probably have gone out an age ago and spannered myself on the rvf been the ‘I can do this’ patience is key and it takes as long as it takes, I will be going flat track again soon as part of the comeback, also just riding the mountain bike really helps it’s all about looking over your shoulder but staying straight, coordination, etc etc, there’s more to this than just fitting the bike, that’s why it might have to go, the rvf is probably more suitable.

I obviously have issues I don’t deny that, I’m searching confidence but I also need ability, I had it no doubt but things have changed, but I’m a lot less unlucky than many. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Stroke? Ok, different perspective.
    Stick to the RVF, cracking little bike, I had one for 11yrs and thoroughly enjoyed it on a number of tracks (including Phillip Island!).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers, yes it’s a stonking little rvf certainly won’t be slumming it if that’s my ride :upyeah:

#54 Dirty Leeds, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  15. Sell the 1198 tune and pamper the rvf if you like it that much.

16. the rvf needs nothing alistair it’s pukka, had engine refresh you seen the pictures how can I improve that? It’s as good as they get I think.

17. I was thinking light weight wheels, Maxton or ohlins suspension. Trick it up a bit.:upyeah::upyeah:

18. No chance, my abilities won’t be able to exploit it fella, would be as big a waste of money as buying an 1198..... oh hang on a minute :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sounds like you just need some time in the saddle to get some confidence -on any bike ?
    The RVf sounds like the best candidate before the 1198 , if you’re nervous . If you’ve only done 20milez on the Honda , just get saddle time on anything you’re happy with -slowly slowly catchy monkey ..it’s just riding a bike, it’ll come back :)

20. Cheers Matt, crf 125 is the one that’s going to get use, flat track and anywhere else we can find, Debbie is keen to keep using it too, think 1198 days are numbered unfortunately mate

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information