1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1198 No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But that’s more than 30 miles Exige so like I said too far! :)

2. He’s welcome to do that, that makes it close!, but if he or I didn’t want to do the deal then he’d probably feel he’d wasted his time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Best of luck if you are limiting your search to a 30 mile radius :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. I have travelled up hill and down dale in the past CR to buy bikes, got my 900ss from Aylesbury, got a James Captain from Croydon a couple of weeks ago, but that’s because I really really wanted them and had been looking for a while in this case I would like an 1198 but I’m not desperate to own one, my interest was peaked by his saying he’d be interested in PX ing with a Scrambler, that’s why I asked how far away it was and on finding out decided IMO it was too far given my level of interest, honestly sometimes, this forum!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283430288896

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ah, yeh, long way on a Scramblie :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Went to East Kirkby to watch the Lancaster etc, 80 miles, could barely get off the Scrambler when I got there, no they’re not the most comfortable!, I’ve gone further on the 900ss with no discomfort at all if that gives any perspective, great fun on short blasts though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ayup, loads going on, I just landed at holiday inn at rugby, Mallory tomorrow then grassington then god knows ...who wants me bike? :)

Apparently it’s spot on, will be in Leeds next week, showroom condition as that is what it came out of :)

8. Tell thee what I’ll throw in 6 rattle cans of dcr....( dog cock red) then it will be a proper duke :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I did 1440 miles on my Classic up in Scotland one weekend, including a couple of 400 mile days. And 1400 miles on the 1100 Sport in Italy over 5 days last year. I found they were both comfortable over those miles.

10. Glad you find it so Toro, it’s the seat that gives me and a lot of other people an issue, Ducati have changed it on the new model, taken out the hump, made it broader at the sit bone area and used firmer foam, the issue a lot of owners have/had was it was too narrow at the sit bones and the soft foam allowed contact with the seat pan as well as feeling they were being pushed forward by the hump, I improved mine by getting the “Italia independent” seat, it’s leather and this adds a bit of firmness to help stop the “sinking”, I also removed the tool recess and covered it over flat with a bit of extra foam in the void it left, fitting flat bars also helped as it moves some of your body weight fwd instead of it acting directly downwards through the sit bones, I know you don’t have an issue but thought I’d mention for other riders that do find it uncomfortable.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Reduced price need a sale ASAP or it’s going back to the dealer this next few days

07976 855 137

Offers invited

12. Going back to the dealership this week so will be far more money so anyone interested get in touch ASAP this could be a cheap bike for someone but need to act

Prefer this go to a forum member at a great price

13. Close thread it’s going back, cheers terry

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information