1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Review

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by H2pots, May 24, 2018.

1. I want those forks!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. They should be on my Norwegian bike :mad:

3. They should be on my bike.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  4. 33139892_10156350237032748_4483559765233893376_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Might as well by a Sigma slipper then :) I'll have your old one please

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. That is a perfect colour scheme!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I've had my 1198s since new in 2010, it's awesome and sounds fabulous through the Akrapovic system. It tries to pull my arms off every time I give it a fistful, the front wheel climbing skywards as it launches forward, me grinning maniacally.... Lol
    I find it comfortable on long distances, I've been to Nurbergring twice, even ridden it round the infamous ring. I have taken it to Portimao regularly where I can really let it loose and am happy with 2min lap times.
    It's fast and furious and I love it.
    Regularly serviced, fitted with a Bucci slipper clutch and shod with Bridgestone R10s or Michelin slicks. li_scaled_profile_picture.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Just had mine remapped by motorapido, new TPS, runs like dream now. Tried a V4s and almost traded it in, but the 1198 not only looks better but also pulls harder at road speeds

• Like Like x 4
  9. bloody hell what am I getting into, do they have L plate holders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nope 749 and 2 x 848, but had 3 sp2’s and one sp1 which are flipping heavy, a few fireblades too

• Like Like x 1
  11. :laughing: your in for a treat mate!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Might just pay you to ride it and I’ll watch :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Could you bring it to Silverstone for me on June 25th?? :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never say never

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anyone rode an 848 and 1198? Night and day different? Don’t mean to go off topic I think it’s still keeping the original post alive

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. That’s a better picture is it just cosmetic that clutch?

9BA88D3A-0CE6-405C-8304-87A4E9E103E7.jpeg

17. I can sort of answer your question:
    As it is sunny with no snow at the moment I charged up the batteries and tried to take the terrible twosome out for a spin today. The 999R (848ish?) exited the parking sideways and didn't get traction for about 100m and the 1098R (1198ish?) locked up the front wheel as I braked and subsequently overshot the slight bend leaving the village. I didn't realise the 1098 had a thing on the display that read 'air -2'.
    Back to the drawing board then, or 'You can't educate pork', as my dad used to say.
    So, whatever you are doing, do it in the warm would be my advice or you will end up in a heap at the side of the road. These bikes are powerful and need to be treated as such!
    Also, does anyone have a couple of sets of tyre warmers for sale, it is not due to snow until February?
    IMG_0223.JPG

18. Oh no that’s a bugger mate, yes I have a lot of respect and plan on doing flat track and cycling to get bike worthy hopefully then I can ride it but I remember my 848 went well can’t imagine the ability of 1198 but as said before it’s in my head and wrist

Do Not Sell My Personal Information