1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198r

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by JoeC, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. End of the day it's just a motorbike, think we all get the blinkers on with stuff...from personal experience sat in Leeds general infirmary 15 minutes walk from home where my 848 was sat along with my Quattro sport I would have given them and anything else away to go home and regain full health, nothing substitutes a decent level of health, maybe it's easier to understand for people who have or are in a dark place? Even though I'm still recovering I admit to looking at material things, part of it could be a proper realisation of where it's all heading and the if you want it get it and enjoy it attitude...

I'm aware the second part I wrote contradicts the first, however if you have just missed out on a complete bargain the first part I wrote could be a small comfort :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. So, I was feeling a little disappointed not to get it, but every cloud hey! I just came home from lunch with the gf (which she bought) and awaiting me on the doorstep was this large box: IMG_1660.JPG
    Note the Ducati logo on it and note that I'm awaiting an end-can for the ex-Lorenzo 999R I bought in August!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Box a bit large for an end-can?
    IMG_1662.JPG IMG_1663.JPG
    I haven't unpacked it all yet, but it appears to be a complete race kit and all the associated extras for the bike and although the print on the invoice is to small to read in the pics, it shows a net cost of 30€. So yes, bearing in mind that I paid less than 8500€ for the bike only in August 2017, every cloud!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Coolio :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bargain price welldone:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. How much would that be worth?

7. No idea, but the value is irrelevant. I won't be selling any of it and I'm more delighted by the service of the dealer, the same one as is supplying my Speciale. They could have simply fired it all on the internet and as my German is not great, I probably would have been none the wiser!

• Like Like x 2
  8. You got any pictures of the Lorenzo?

Ta

9. There are a few on here already somewhere and if you noticed the ice in the photo of the box, as it is between -9 and -17 degrees at the moment, those will have to do for now!

• Like Like x 1
  10. :eyes:

11. Alright, I might have done it once, but fek me you were slow :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. I'm still on my way. I'll have to turn round now. Bugger! :(

upload_2018-2-27_16-1-2.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Seen one, didn't realise it was a xerox

14. I'm pretty sure it's not but it does now have the cover on. This is what it looks like right now. I'm pretty sure the xerox one's were all copies! IMG_1664.JPG

15. Oh right apologies I googled it that's all

16. @JoeC
    Hi Joe
    That 1198R is a scam unfortunately.
    It’s been on various different websites in Europe with different photos attached each time and different user names and telephone numbers.
    I did call interested in buying that 1198r back in October last year. Something didn’t sit right with me, after a few phone calls to some dealer friends in Europe it turned out to be a scam.
    As always just be careful out there when and wherever you looking to buy.
    But I do agree sometimes bargains do come up, but 9 times out of 10 are usually to good to be true.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Thanks. It is back on Leboncoin again elsewhere over here with a different price name & number etc. I am still in the market btw!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information