1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198s Stolen- Bristol

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Tazbert, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Brilliant pleased for ye hope no thieving bastards got hurt

2. Wiring pulled out the ignition? Fucking morons. They've been watching too many bad boy films from the 70's. Delighted you got it back btw :upyeah:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Excellent result ..... I'm really pleased for you !

You are one of the lucky ones ..... stolen by idiots , not pros .
    It could have quickly gone abroad very easily , as a complete bike ,
    or as parts .

Insurance companies rarely pay out enough to replace with an identical machine .... they are not in the paying-out business
    .... they are in the collecting premiums business .

That Bike DNA was / is a good idea .
    I've used it in the past but it made me wonder who has the equipment
    to "read " it , and how often that kit is even used , when recovering a stolen bike , or raiding a chop shop ?

#23 oldtech, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  4. Bike thieves are dicks.

Glad you got it back - hope the damage isn't too costly to repair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not sure, but someone reported it to them presumably after I listed it on their facebook page. I suppose it is fairly easy to recognise!!

Absolutely not. 'Elf and Safety in all things. Also it looks like it was abandoned a while ago so no scrotes were nearby as far as they can tell!

That's pretty much what Rich at Louigi Moto said. Once the idiots realised there was an immobiliser on it, they couldn't do much with it and had to ditch it.

6. Brilliant, just a shame that the thieving scumbags weren't spotted and thrown in the back of the van too. :mad:

7. Great news. I had the same happen to my r1200r
    I had to pay a ransom, but the only reason I got it back was the immobiliser confounded them.
    It cost the guts of a grand all told
    Full new ignition system

8. Did you get a payout from your insurance?

If so, do they get the bike?

9. Ah, so it was found abandoned.

10. If that's aimed at me, I withdrew the claim, but thought it would be an easy enough fix. The beemer has an immobiliser which matches the key to the ignition, so the whole thing needed replacing with matching keys. Still not sure I was right
    I'd imagine they just pay the repair, and you pay it back steadily through increasing premiums

11. It was for @Tazbert
    But thanks for the reply :upyeah:

12. Oooft, sharp as a brick!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The premiums may go up anyway, as statistically you will be seen as a higher risk.
    Hard to win with insurance companies...

• Agree Agree x 2

14. Whooooo Hooooooooo!

15. Over the moon for you

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yeah you get less sharp with age but it beats the alternative, for the moment least :(
    Must be nice to be young and sharp as a marble still..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. where / how was it stolen??

18. Wasn't insured as I moved my insurance over to the new bike (R1!) Bike had been in Louigi Moto since May so was SORN etc

Taken out the back gate by the look of it, I think someone saw it as they walked down there (bit of a cut-through if you know the area). My daughters friends have a habit of leaving the gate open when they leave so people can see in...:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  19. face palm...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information