1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198s Values, Worth The Investment?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Snaps, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Tbh I never wanted to spend 8.5k let alone 9k lol on one but saw it and did wonder .
    Trouble is I'm in 2 minds whether to go 1198 or 899 as 899 seems more rideable and easier to ride from what I've read but I prefer the look of the 1198/1098/848.ive even been looking at the 848 evo corse se but know I'd regret it after having a 1098

2. The 899 is easier to ride, but doesn't give you the oomph of the 1198

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. If you’ve had a 1098 you simply cannot go to an 899 so it has to be the 1198. You know you want it. Get it, and don’t let the 150 put you off, you’ll kick yourself if you lose it. Or get Carl (@Im closing in - but his name is untaggable:mad:) deliver it; you’re better off paying him the 150, you’ll get a better service:upyeah:

ps @theskitz you need to paint that frame gold, and the wheels, IMO (but what arbiter of taste am I? Says he with a yellow Ducati )

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Once you go black you never go back

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I have to admit, I’ve never been there:confused:. I sense this thread may go completely off topic now:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1 month warranty at this time of year? At least one month from mileage change irrelevant of time of year but preferably 3 month warranty from use

7. I love the gold but I love the red too so i,l stay clear of the rattle can for the minuteo_O but what I do know is I got my mine at a great price , 3205 kms ,original tyres and still legal but obviously not safe but nice to see they were still on the bike ,original belts too so owner was struggling to sell it not being able to start it so got Robbie in moto tecnica to verify its kms and recommission 6250 was the bike and Robbie charged me 700 for everything bar tyres so under 7k euro 5800ish sterling ? It was a splurge buy for the owner while he was working abroad and he never used it when he got it back to Ireland I suspect he had no license or was a biker as such !

#27 theskitz, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  8. Does look nice but it's the 9k tag plus delivery and only 1 months warranty which is useless at this time of year lol

9. Having been on the lookout in the UK for a bike its not easy to find a nice low miler and average 1098s with OK miles was still 8-8.5 k you would be paying a premium for the 1198

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Here's the TRUTH ...
    Can you handle the TRUTH ...
    Unless you get a numbered model ( ie - limited addition , special addition , or celebrity owned ) it is not going too be worth as much as you pay and put in it ...
    So simply get on it ride it and if you love it figure out what its worth to you ...
    Buy it ...
    And just ride it ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. If anyone is desperate for a red 1198S I'd sell mine, was supposed to sell it when I got the 1098R but that never happened.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pm me details please

13. I'm overseas at the moment, back on the 12 Jan. Will pm you

14. Ok whats details ie Yr mileage owners and price

15. Anything motorised probably isn’t that safe of an investment in current times tbh

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Or if it is, you can't afford the initial outlay :D

17. I understand that some see them as investments but I would be shite at buying stuff that was a limited edition, limited edition McFlurries is a good example why. If I can't eat it, ride it, shag it or drink it, then I've wasted the cash :D

• Funny Funny x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information