1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199R trackbike project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by kope999R, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ok, relief! the brembo GP set is complete!

the master cylinder arrived ! together with 2 sets of 320MM 6MM SBK disks. gold colored this time!

tomorrow we will put some tires on the wheels when we will assemble them..
    should look good! :) and friday we pick up the TCS module for the pirelli slicks!

we'll get there in the end! :)

2. my first ever slick!

to go on the 999 for the trip to Aragon and Valencia! as aspare when the corsa 2 is gone!
    can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is that 180 slick for the 1199?

4. no no , its to go on the 999R as the R won't be there nor ready yet!

5. tech stuff flying in

i hate them visually but it's a trackbike so there is no use making a missile if you cannot hold onto it :)
    so they go on : stompgrips..

and something to keep it under control:

a centralina "BBS SSTK" for pirelli slicks. this module will allowthe bike to handle the different characteristics of the Pirelli slicks . plug and play!

6. Every day's like Christmas for you:smile:

I'd like to see this bike on the track. Love the grahpics.

Using one of the pics as my phone screensaver :upyeah:

Cheers, Keith.

7. It s always nice to know that someone somewhere derives pleasure from something one has made :) :)
    it feels like xmas indeed... :) it s a childhoods dream being realised.. conjuring up something of rarety and beauty, to the max of it' s ability... way beyond that of my own.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keep the updates coming - and don't spare the pictures. The Stuff of dreams!

9. The Stompgrips are worrying. They're not that colour on the bike are they? Transparent at least?

Note they are made in the USA. Why don't Americans do "tasteful"?

10. no worries, they're transparant! but even transparent i hate them..
    As to taste : the Romans used to say : Coloribus et Degustibus, non disputandum! :)

11. The Romans may have but I bet present day Italians don't.

Italian design: a high incidence of mouthwatering objects that you feel like owning whatever the cost.

American design: a high incidence of utterly foul objects you don't feel like owning however little they cost.

#51 gliddofglood, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  12. I had stomp grips on my last bike for 5 years. Never really noticed them once they were on. The colour you're seeing in the pic is the backing card they're stuck to in the pack.

I'm thinking they might work quite well with the bare tank in the Panigale R and the 2013 848 Corse.

13. ok i plead guilty!

this has a high bling factor to it, but sure looks the part... just in case Marc smacks the door shut on me :)

and just got news that the frontfairing and datascreen holder are on their way! :)

14. Got to love a money-no-object project. This is shaping up to be a bit special. :cool:
    Just promise us that you won't panic at the last minute & keep it on a shelf for fear of dropping it!

15. this baby is meant for tracking and that is what she will do.. ok, i agree, it will be in style and i won't push other mans limits but i ve sort of written her of mentally... i know this won't happen but still... it's the only way to enjoy it unbothered.. and there is a limit on the budget, don't worry. Ive been very very lucky to come across some great buys i otherwise could not have done. That's what upped it.. but i can easily spend 10K more to little effect. the joy is to get it to that level together within a budget, albeit 'adpated' to the bike.. an R is not the most sensible take of..
    And of course, there are cheaper options.. 95% of which will beat me on the track anyway. :) but they won't look so swell! :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. What are you doing with the 60% of the bike you are removing? Selling to fund project or bubble wrapping for years to ome?

17. Bradders, wrappers it will be... i want to keep the bike as a whole and want to be able to sell the expensive stuff when the day comes i would want to.. i'ts something i do on every project. if you sell early, mods my help. If you sell late, buyers want original.. spending money on something is not that bad when you can resell it... its all about the heart, for as long as the mind will agree.. :)

18. Kope, this track project makes mine look like a cheap kid's toy!!! Some very nice material being installed. I hope to see you at a track day just so I can see it up close.

19. The Uk tracks are on my wish list.. just got myself a van so i can travel easily and protected! .. idea is to bring the Mutley as well and tour the region after the trackday with the mss! We loved Scotland last year and would like to do more this or next year.. hope to see many of you then! :) would really love that!

20. there will never be a cheap Ducati!

i read here - and on other boards - sometimes that when people get to see this crazy idea of a project, their bikes look cheap!

As i'm thrilled to do this, i never want it to make other efforts feel "cheap".

so let it be absolutely clear : There will never be a "cheap" Ducati!

The red is the same, as is the yellow. All carry the rumble. These bring us together

so, is there from modest to crazy: certainly!

Cheap? never ! :biggrin:

Moreover i fully realise that this is a 'buy and bolt on' approach. And that to have the right budget available is the grease to make it happen. that and finding a great crew to make sure it all turns out to the best it can be..
    As envy is not within my character, i have the greatest respect for those who can build wathever bike from the ground up. that is why a im so happy with the bike of the year winner! I struggle not to buy too much wrong parts. Those projects put things together that were not meant to be together. And come up with stunning results.

There are many talents i'm not borthered about not having. That talent, i wish i had.. :)

so no more talk of looking cheap! just enjoy ! :upyeah:

#60 kope999R, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information