1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199R trackbike project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by kope999R, Jan 16, 2013.

1. silver post 1 S.jpg

looks like the project entered a 'shit will happen' streak..
    3 chrashes in 4 outings...

worst 1 just the day before the 6 hours of SPA...

had the bike all finished up in race suit ( palstics) and brushed aluminium tank and a paul smart oriented silver to go with it. all it took was 1 mile of warm up lap of a normal trackday for some nitwit to come by at full racepace
    aiming for my front tire just when i tipped her in to take the 2nd Combes 90 % right turn .. had to mouvre myself to the floor to avoid it..

not only some vital parts hurt badly but also bye bye to the 6h Project... i m not easy to gut, but now i sure am...

silver post 1 S.jpg

silver post 2 S.jpg

silver post 3 S.jpg

silver post 4 S.jpg

silver post 5 S.jpg

silver post 6 S.jpg

silver pre 1 S.jpg

2. tyres are like blokes..........only do one thing at a time well, drive you forwards great.....brake great,.......steer great, ask it to drive you forwards and steer at the same time blows it mind and something will give like grip......

3. Absolutely gutted for you. Minding your own business then some tool causes this. Mind you though it's all part of the risks.

Would there be a time when the costs become too much?

4. At 4 quid/yard , Getting through ammo at high pace :) but can hold out for a while . it s just so stupid money

5. What a shitter! :(

6. Got to say i admire your spirit. Your pani is my favourite one out there and im sad to see it like that so cant imagine how you feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not much to be said, gutted for you as well..............:(

8. or doodling about on the running line......;)

i dont like to see such a pretty bike damaged.......

#688 andyb, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  9. thats was sexy in silver. but thats what you built it for. :upyeah: sorry bout your mishap. :Arghh::Hurting:

10. Gutted for you Koen :-(

11. Koen - 4th photo down - the wiring/connections - MR do it? What system?

12. Doesn't the bike have full datalogging kit fitted?

13. Kope, you've come a very long way. It would be a shame to stop now. Have a few beers and laughs, sit back and have a long hard think about it. You've achieved many goals and as you reached many of your targets. The trade-off sadly is that the risks do get higher, but you've had countless hours of fun doing it. Repair the bike and have some simple Trackday fun, it'll get the confidence flowing again. Don't give up and Good Luck, as we say 'onwards and upwards'. I'm sure that many others will want to see your future track day photo's of the Pani-Team again.

:):upyeah::)

14. Thats bikes for you, they don't crash well, easier (well not as someone has to find the cash) when your a race team and have a bucket of factory spares and a team to put it all back together, part of racing some would say. A reason why I don't take my nice bikes on track, but then I have crashed them on the road, glass cabinet is the only way they remain safe but even then the house could burn down. As said, shit happens.

Your alive and live to ride another day, don't take away that gutted feeling but I wish you well and hope you get it sorted again.

For what its worth, I'm gutted for you too.

15. Warm up laps...there is no such thing as dawdling...the CSS ones were 2nd gear..

16. The CSS ones were stop at several points!

should everyone have been on the warm up lap.... or was it your warm up lap as you had gone out later than the others?

17. Looking on FB sounded like first lap, first session, 3rd corner

I'd have hunted him down and set his bike on fire

18. I dunno i could keep up with everyone in that session ;)

19. that said of course it was a track day......the organisers go to great lengths to tell you those very words. It is about ever ones safety, you may even get a picture and talk of, like this case, not overtaking into diminishing gaps, its not a race after all, wait until its an increasing gap the other side of the bend...........bit like a track day i was on recently.......:rolleyes:

20. You mean the track day where racers have been complaining the group was too slow and they should have had their own group...and they shouldn't need to ride differently on a trackday to a race day...yep thats the one ;)

Tbh of the days I've done recently it was one of the worst behaved. Dont know if thats because I was on the multi so a lot slower than i would normally be on my 848 or gixer, but some of the overtakes were, ahem, 6" bubble

Do Not Sell My Personal Information