1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199R trackbike project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by kope999R, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Is it wrong that I love that van?

Clean, neat, set out for the bikes perfectly with the tie points etc.

So now I've got bike envy AND van envy! :smile::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. tool kit ready for Aragon and valencia

hope the cam is not there to film the first crash! :)

3. Nice and organised.

4. and on wheels! :) easy to move around to the box ... :)

5. Amazing what you can get in. After racing for a couple of years, I can get everything I need tools and most spares in one large tool box which at 2ft high double as a stool. But you got he kitchen sink in there ;-)

• Like Like x 1

6. When are you off to Aragon?

7. Tracking 11&12 match Valencia 14 &15

Going yourself ? :)

8. Aragon, begining of May

9. Are you a diamond smuggler Kope, or or been saving up for a moment like now :biggrin: very fortunate to be able to throw a packet like you have on this.

10. i ve been dreaming of this since 1995... when i had the 916SP... i remember that Peter Kutemann , founder and CEO of Dietsman, later to become major sponsor of Corse in the Foggy years - joined us at the first track events and arrived in a hyperequipped utility van like this - but then in Corse colors - with 888 and 955 Racings. stories went that he had to send the engines to italy every 1500 km so there was this 'WAW' effect. .. i then took a break for austerity reasons of 16 years and now am back... i worked hard like hell and took up riding again in 2010.. i wanted to and could afford it.. then the hard work and not doing anything stupid came to fruitition and at 53 instead of indulging in young flesh :) i decided i would do this... a fully realise i am fortunate, especially in these economic hardships, from which so many suffer. A lot of whom are from the biker community... but as said at 53, there is no room for postponing , is there :) so there always is a story... :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. I love this thread and when it pops up I always give it a read, I love the build and the passion, dedication... I know a few people who've done similar projects so its always nice to see another.

True you're a lucky person, but what the hell you only live once, it's your money go and enjoy yourself, if after a year you need the cash sell up and enjoy the memories... Life's for living IMO

Now, where's the next update!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Enjoy yourself mate but don't abstain from young flesh.....

I met this fellow last year.

Made his money in the transport business and now does the ICGP race series, sponsors himself and his mate Ian Simpson.

They go around Europe and race, have fun, BBQ's the evening etc etc..as Freak says life's for living.

He built this and kitted it out specially for him, his mates and bikes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

13. Loove The idea .. Hate The colorscheme ! Lol lol ! This is budget x 5 ;) :)

14. For sure.
    "He who feared to not succeed, sat still"

Well cant wait to see the fruits of your labour, we all reap what we sow, and you will have quite a harvest.

Live the dream mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. controls and titanium bolts arrived!

the left 4 button ( up down / enter / laptimer ) and right (start stop) has
    arrived to replace the stock controls... thinner and lighter again!

also the bolt i'll be needing to put the
    front together in line with the rest the quality parts... [​IMG]

on top of that i saw the
    R in the flesh for the first time and i liked it... but not enough to stop doing
    what i'm doing...

it's an amazing bike,
    but let it be said : it's not SP,996R,998R,749R,999R, 1098R or 1198R quality..
    it is an R, but on the cheap... : no rear stand, no hood, no nrplaque, some
    carbon but not the one that counts ( fairings, head, tail, etc...)

i''m happy mine will be what it will be...
    An R Desmo style [​IMG]

16. oh : for the techies :

the Pirelli ecu is now available with the settings of the 16,5" slicks..
    so as the one i got was the 17" inch, it is now shipped back to get the parameters reflashed!

17. Some nice kit there :)

18. What a day!

Robymoto triples are in,
    ducabike steeringdamper is in ,
    the Alstare painter agrees to do the paintjob!

and :

next week the Pani arrives! :) :)

laaadidaaa... :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. View attachment 12785 View attachment 12784 View attachment 12779 View attachment 12783 View attachment 12780 View attachment 12781 View attachment 12782

so ! LET THE BUILD BEGIN!

here are the last dumb part pics and the first assembly pics..

just to put everything together as to triples (52/58) to fit the FGR100 forks, the brembo calipers on the forks and onto the disks mounted on the tire -shod wheels... just a first quick fit

now we can have the front axle made and some small nitbits to hold the sensors..

to stay in line with the Roche styling, it will be the gold disks that go on..

let me tell you : this feels good! :)

#100 kope999R, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information