1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199sl, 1299sl, Or D16rr

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by dieonthishill, Jan 20, 2022.

1. fair play mate and why not , when my nan died and left me some cash i put a deposit on my house. Maybe i should have bought an 1299sl too instead of my house ?? but then id be living at work. :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 5
  2. UPDATE: Well the stars aligned and a great 998R popped up in Utah. I jumped on it and am finalizing the sale this week. That was my original dream bike but had given up after searching for a year in the US with no luck. Thanks to everyone here for all the great info and a Desmo or 1299SL is still on the dream list!

• Like Like x 12
  3. Nice mate well done.

Make sure you get some pics up when she arrives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @Sev

5. So, I would have Said get a desmond, because, well it's a Desmond, after that I would personally have got a MK1 SL, so a 1199, controversial I know but it's a much better looking bike IMO and was a new concept.

However a 998r is a really special thing and you'll be really happy with it I'm sure, I dare say more usable on the road also, please post up some pictures

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nice purchase....I guess I'm the only one who thinks the Desmo is a bit ugly then, especially around the arse?

7. you're not alone as such, not sure it's much of a "looker" it's just the overall special package that appeals for me.

8. I'll take it, basically we are in total agreement that she's a dog, albeit a rare and expensive dog! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lovely choice and probably rarer in the US than a Desmo, as regards the looks of Desmond, I didn't really rate it at all until I heard one struck up in the workshop, it is still the most haunting and wonderful noise I have heard, the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up and I felt a tingling in my nether regions usually associated with my wife!
    I still think she's fugly, (the Desmo, not the wife!) but will always be "special"!
    The 998R on the other hand is one of the most beautiful of all mechanical creations ever to stride the earth!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Congratulations. A truly rare and very very special piece of artwork. You’re a lucky man.
    Mart

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information