1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 1200 R V 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. If you have done summers riding with no hassle than fair play ,its just that i would be expecting to get pulled ,and then see you have race use only pipes on etc etc

2. fucking cold though

3. Deed is done. Just waiting for a delivery date!
    C03C5B3D-AC3E-46E7-8C21-B0A6A605CA8E.png

• Like Like x 10
  4. Elle vas arriver Mardi.

Excited, Monster to be delivered on Tuesday. I may have some urgent shopping for pocket sized items next week o_O:mask::mask:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have read about most of these items on the forum, but there may be more information now these bikes have been out a while, so..
    Several questions:
    Heated grips. It seems the ducati ones do not work on the R.
    Then after market it is. Any advice for neat grips without huge chunky wires from the grips and also neat control switch.

Quickshifter. I want one. Ease of installation, cost, operates smoothly. Which one? Oh, and neatness. Dont want the Duke looking like Terblanche or one of his mates has spilled spaghetti all over the bike.

Then the big one. Power source. I prefer switched rather than to the battery, which I might never see from what I have read about the location :joy:
    Power lead on left side behind black plastic cover? Any others?
    Oh, and power for either sat nav or smartphone. Which may go to a very small tankbag on a tanklock.

I think I might blow a fuse or three if not careful. Some of you have probably done a few of these mods.:upyeah:

6. 20201117_112859.jpg 20201117_112809.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. #67 Android853sp, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  8. Just need to get rid of the BMW now!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Looks great. You will enjoy...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Like your style ! Like you, I have a GSA and the 1200R in my garage too !! Covers all angles huh

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yep, covers all options. GS (not a gsa, too big imo) super capable but sometimes a little big and heavy. Though I still think it is the best of the touring bikes esp when big miles must be covered to reach the fun.
    A super naked of some kind takes some beating in the warmer and dry weather. Or when travelling light. Cant wait to get on my local “track” when the weather warms again and restrictions are over.
    Got options now with the two bikes and the cost to upgrade the GS to newer and more shiny, but not really any better was not much more to increase the stable to two motorcycles.

. I think the Monster might be needed for some essential groceries... in a bout twenty minutes :cool::mask::joy:

12. Not the best ride out. 2 miles to shop and back with damp patches and brand new tyres. But I enjoyed it :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just had the battery charger on mine.
    Was tempted to pull it out of the garage but decided against it in the end just for a quick blast.
    Just to much hassle to remove from the skylift for a short ride.

14. I got one of those when they first went semi liquid cooled in 2014.
    Big big mistake.Only had it five months and traded it in.
    The adventure bikes where just not for me.Maybe in the future.
    You live and learn.

15. The givi branded one is great and half the price of Ducati,s one

16. Congrats on your new purchase. You'll love the M1200R.
    BTW, All your questions have been answered ad-infinitum. The search box is your friend if you don't mind me saying.

However, here's the short strokes:
    1) Ducati heated grips don't work on the 1200R. You'll need aftermarket. Warm gloves ( or heated) are best.
    2) Quckshifter: Annitori https://annitoriqs.com/
    3)Power: use the DDA plug under the seat with an Optimate SAE and USB adapter. Fish a USB cable from back to front.

20200813_082949.jpg 20200813_083221.jpg IMGP0015.JPG 20180812_174533.jpg Screenshot from 2020-12-01 07:03:53.png IMG_20161017_170841.jpg

#79 DarR, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. At last. Warm dry day and I had time on my hands. Nice couple of hours getting used to the bike and scrubbing the tyres in.

Even found some 20210216_152007.jpg 20210216_165047.jpg bins

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information