1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 1200 R V 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. In your earlier post you said about needing dot4. I changed to dot 5 for the rear brake which helped with the heat from the exhaust. Never really had a back brake though! Just before I sold my 1200R there was a recall for the 1200S rear brake. As I’d alway had a problem Ducati were going to do the recall on mine.... don’t ask what it was though....

2. I read that the clutch was dot4. Rear brake, rarely touch it to be honest. Not even sure if it works. Had twins for so long just use engine braking and the front when I really need to slow down.

3. Never use my rear brake

4. Has anyone fitted bar risers on the R? I want some but will need two longer bolts and spacers for the steering damper. Its going to hit when the bars are lifted. As I am research lazy, someone might already have this mod....

5. Wouldn't you just measure the length of the existing 3No. M6 bolts and purchase longer ones which match the depth of the risers (oem length of bolt + riser depth). Then cut down some bolt spacers to match the depth of the risers?

6. :rolleyes: Sounds like a plan:upyeah:

7. I haven’t had an S, but I have had the base 1200 and have just purchased my second 1200R. the bikes are night and day. I have owned many bikes of different types and the 1200R is right up there with the very best of them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Finally installed clutch slave cylinder. Easy enough. Pull defo feels lighter. Not had the chance to ride the bike yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks nice in the red mate

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ditto
    8D0B58E6-BDC1-474A-AB33-B22F6C1CA67F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. the fastest colour.... lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. BLACK BLACK BLACK. m3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. The black looks fab (as well lol) but after owning s1r and gsxr1000 in black, I know they show dirt more. Cleaning and polishing is not one of my strengths these days o_O

14. Exhaust headers look great, how did you get them that shinny?

15. word to the wise (to quote Jimmy), 1200R Monsters are getting hoovered up right left and centre at the moment, I casually followed 2 private sales within the last week and both gone at a price I thought they wouldn't.. possibly both on here.

16. It has the right ingredients to be a future classic Duke.

17. Have you managed an hundred plus mile journey yet? If you have, despite not being a tourer, how was it on the old/middle-aged/young bones re: back/neck? :thinkingface:

18. Yes. And very good.
    Have done several 450-500 km days.
    I have a Pyrenees trip planned. Usually do a week. I have heated grips ready to fit. was concerned about lack of fuel gauge but have had 280 km to warning light. Very economic. Ergos are very good. Soft luggage ready to go. Very happy to tour on this bike.
    IF doing big miles on motorways, GS would beat all inc a multi. But who wants to spend anything apart from essential miles on straight fast roads?
    The 1200r is in imo an overlooked comfy sportsbike. Very happy.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information