1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 1200 R V 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. To be more specific.
    Seat. Reasonable.
    Riding position. Very comfy.
    Knees. Very happy.
    Wind blast. It is basically a naked. But clean air.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Thank you for the details, those are the kind of things I was afraid of hearing. :):upyeah:

3. :joy:
    It just works. Brakes sharp, handling superb, motor more than enough for the road, gearbox good, steers and holds a line. I had plans to fit a QS but just not needed. Just fitted the uprated master slave for the clutch but being honest, probably not needed. Find that the engine is flexible and change gear a lot less than when riding the GS. Also planned on bar risers, more of an assumption tbh as now comfy and happy without that mod. keep in mind i have previous shoulder injury but find this just right.
    Stop start traffic not its strong point, but you would buy a scooter for that?. It is easy to ride at all other times. Steady away or not.
    My French neighbour loves the sound (termis) he rides a Victory with open pipes..

I have fitted a shad 3 litre tankbag with Shad pin system. Have ~Daytona grips ready to fit. USB cable to phone in tank bag and waiting for garmin charging cable to arrive. I will be touring on this with Kriega or a Bags connection throwover bag in September.
    If heading back to the UK (up north!), a two day ride, then that would be the GS. Cruise control and big fairing wins on the motorways.
    But, the Monster is so good, I am considering selling the GS....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got to ride today and try the Oberon clutch slave. It is an improvement. Not huge bit better. Neutral now easier to find.

• Like Like x 1
  5. still got my eye on one..

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I have had a lot of motorcycles. This might be my favourite so far.
    Can go steady and it is okay. Turn up the pace and the only limiting factor is the rider. Superb in the corners. Addictive soundtrack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wait for the Norden.;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sadly "mine" just gone (snooze you lose etc) - it ticked virtually all the boxes but I couldn't quite justify the price without selling more "stuff".

9. Another will come along. It did for me. Liked them when they 1st came out but they were too expensive and did not really fit my criteria then. No long haul from UK now though.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. @Chris I absolutely love my 1200R. It's exactly what I wanted in a naked bike. Everything about it is great other than the following, which to be fair is being very picky:

1. False neutrals - I have the Oberon clutch slave but it may be human error rather than mechanical
    2. Finding neutral is clunky
    3. Dash is almost invisible when in direct sunlight

I have a couple of sports bikes and I really wanted something that was a pleasure to ride, comfortable but also gave me that buzz (sexy looks and great soundtrack!). The 1200R certainly delivers on all counts.

I'm a very impulsive person and once I've decided what I want I go for it. When the 1200R came up for sale I didn't hesitate for a second to buy it. Never ridden one before but I knew it was the bike for me.

My only wish now is that I have more spare time to ride it!!

• Like Like x 1

11. We think we know ourselves, but i'm the first to admit that I still don't in some areas. Now it's gone and there's nothing around that similar (yet) I now wish that i'd bought it, just like a petulant 5 year old. Maybe the term "to grow up" is a misconception for some after all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You'll get there, it just takes some longer than others.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information