1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 1200s Mudguard Bolts

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by FAT MATT, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Hi,

I want to put the rear wheel mudguard back on my 2011 1200s however don’t have the correct bolts.

can anyone advise what I need or better still have some they no longer need?

2. £35 for 3 bolts/screws :astonished:

3. yup ... you get screwed ... and not in the good way with happy ending.

4. The cheapest would be to bowwow one and match it at your local fastening store.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking at the parts fiche the top screws are the same as the ones for the top box base so should be able to whip one of those off to measure. May even be cheaper to buy plain bolts and make a spacer.

6. Send me a picture if you find a bolt that fits. If I have you have. Looks like button head Allen screws. I have magic boxes of fasteners! 40 years plus of come ins.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not likely to find these shouldered cab bolts at a fastener store. I bought 3 some time ago from the dealer for a 15dvt and they were about $6us plus tax.

8. When I lost one of mine I got some nylon spacers from ebay (of different lengths) and used those with regular socket heads.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry thread hijack..

I presume the rear mud guard is really affective?

I was thinking of removing mine when I pick it up.

10. You do get a lot of fling of the rear tyre. I’ve never had one on mine so picked one up off the bay and am going to fit but I need the correct bolts. The top two are same as the top case bolts so should be able to sort out a spacer so I can use some standard bolts.

11. Did exactly the same. Much cheaper, works like a charm. And the quality of the original Ducati bolts is very poor. They are very weak and break easily.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information