1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260 Multi S - Quick Shifter Problem Between 5th And 6th

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by firecat0_0, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Yes, going to remove mine, don't want to take the chance for the returns.

2. Hi...I experience the same as you guys from 5th to 6th....but sometimes on lower gear as well ...i.e. from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th..... really not happy about it...had done the tyre calibration as advice by the dealership.... tried in various rpm and speed.... still the same issue.... suspect is the electro-mech switch at the lever is not communicating to the engine management system effectively.....

3. Not at all. I love the QS feature. I use it often but find it most useful from 1rst to 2nd then thrid. I don't use the downshift QS however. I find the clutch faster and smother.

4. Throttle spacer fitted on mine from day1. Quick shifter works well overall. Very occasional issue 5th to 6th but never when ridden hard.
    I work on the basis that this is a racetrack inspired addition for facilitating maximum acceleration, used in that way mines perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I thought all Ducati had the false neutral 5th to 6th

All of mine have

I put it down to the engine not being under enough load on that change as i have usually run out of Bravery when on full throttle by the time i need to go up from 5th

It isnt the best Qs in the world but by no means the worst ( go try a GS) theXR has the finest QS it is litterally like a micro switch

6. Think the in line 4 bikes just seem a bit smoother from my experience .
    Despite what some people have posted my bike is almost certainly worse when under load between 5th & 6th , its not as bad at lower revs for that gear change.
    My brain appears to have learnt not to use it for that particular change so all is well

7. I believe its not properly designed because the GSA and GS with QS does not have such issue.

8. I've found the quick-shifter can be sensitive to tire pressure. If you do the tire calibration every once in a while it keeps the shifting as smooth as possible. Still get the 5-6 pause pretty frequently though.

9. I have a 2019 and not hit problem yet, but then after the 1st to 2nd gear transition I never use a clutch on any bike I have had so likely never will.
    Done really see point of QS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information