1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Brakes

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Stops just fine .....
    GP4 RX.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. Are you running your abs with them?
    If so how did you order the brake lines as i'm having a problem with fitting them GP4RXs to my 1299s as oem banjos just don't work.

3. Can I buy you standard slave cylinder?

4. Hi Addiction, Yes still running the ABS. I decided to lose the over the fender set up of the OEM lines and the top guys at HEL performance made me a custom

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Addiction
    Yes still running the ABS. I had a custom line made at HEL performance from the ABS pump that has a tee as it pops through the fairing above the front wheel. I live in Devon so I mocked the line up and went up for them to make it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Well my zx10r and 14 year old sp2 stop better. Admittedly with minor upgrades but the stock Panigale set up isn't great imo

7. Deglaze the discs and fit some known-brand sintered pads, flush refill and bleed with new fluid a sealed container. Then bed them in properly and get them hot. Ensuring the pistons on both calipers move back and forth freely before you start would be a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great minds think alike.

Deglazed discs, bled the system with fresh Castrol Performance Dot4 and serviced the calipers already.

Next option is a set of SBS RS pads which I m more than happy with in other installs.

Just feel disappointed. Too much hype the system as stock is race spec and it's not imo.

I'm sure I'll get it where I want it just not great at oem spec imo and the reviews over sell it.

9. I gotta agree with that.

Close your eyes and click to buy a Brembo billet race master cylinder.

FWIW currently using Bendix pads from a recommendation on here and I'm getting on OK with those, wasn't getting anything from the stock pads or EBC HH, will try a more aggressive pad next time.

I also prefer two separate lines down, one to each caliper, from the master.

10. With ABS the lines for the calipers come from the ABS pump not the master cylinder.

11. ABS? Sorry, I thought he wanted good brakes

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Got a Brembo RCS mc on another bike and that was a good upgrade.

Which Bendix pads you using MRR? Heard alot of recommendations for them.

Tbh I had abs on a zx10r and the Tokico brakes were better than the Brembo on the Pani.

I hired a s1000r in Italy last year and that had ABS and the brakes were genuinely fierce on that which is what I expected the Brembo m50 / 330mm disc set up to be like as stock.

I'm hoping pads improve things.

13. Yeah I fitted an RCS-17 after the OEM master, then tried a couple of larger MCs, then the billet race MC which I'm still using.

Am currently on the MF pads as they seemed a direct replacement for the EBC HH I'd previously installed and therefore not too big a jump but will try the MCR type next although I do have some EBC GPFAX sets to try at some point.

Surprised to hear about the S1000RR's good ABS set up, I guess things have moved on, do you know what master cylinder they fit?

14. Sorry Mr C. I keep all OEM with the bike. In case I sell her. :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Brembo abs on bmw was brilliant yes.

Try the mrr pad. Good fast road pad and a big step up from mf

#35 BladeRR8, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. No idea what is up with your brakes mate but the brakes on the 12 are class. Better than anything else I've ridden on and I've ridden most of today's superbikes hard

17. I have serviced the calipers and bled the system to a firm lever.

I'm thinking the pads have gone off. The guy I bought it off in fairness and with respect wasn't particularly quick and maybe he was on the brakes all the time and he has glazed them beyond being recovered.

I honestly don't know but they aren't great. Not bad or defective just not as good as I would expect.

I'll change the pads for new and update the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  18. As already said they should feel super good. I have a 2015 S1000RR and although it's better than almost every other bike I've used; it's still not a patch on the 1199S or 1199R Panigale. My first port of call is always the system as both bikes tend to have problems bleeding properly due to the ABS complicating things. I've found that the only way to really guarantee it's sorted is to get some one professional with a vacuum bleeder to look at it once every year or so after multiple pad changes. It does makes a big difference what pads you are using. I use the Z04 (preferring these lately) or the Bendix MCR which are both very expensive endurance race pads but they will last four or more trackdays which pays for themselves since I was going through normal pads in only a couple of days. Before this I used the Bendix MRR as they are almost as good as the stock pads but much cheaper, but with some more bite to them which I like on track.

I usually use PDQ to buy since they are excellent with delivery and stock a lot of stuff. Parkitt racing also have a good write of the main options:

Front Brake pads are a very personal preference. Please see below for the selection we have to offer

Bendix MCR - RACE BRAKE PADS Carbon matrix pads for competitive racing at the highest level (Superbike/ Supersport / Grand Prix / Endurance / Road Racing). These pads will out perform organic, sintered and other carbon metallic brands - it doesn’t come any better than this! Sets new standards of initial bite and stopping power! Predictable feel and braking power at all temperature ranges. Very short bedding in process due to thermal pre-treatment. Consistent performance throughout pad life. Low wear rate on pad and disc. Recommended for use with stainless or OE iron rotors. These pads are not recommended for road use.

Bendix MRR - RACING SINTERED FRONT BRAKE PADS . Sintered racing pads for serious track use. MRR is an ideal track day pad for more serious riders of Superbikes. Awesome stopping power in wet or dry conditions. Progressive feel / feedback. Short bed in period due to thermal pre-treatment. Ceramic backed to prevent fade. Recommended for use with stainless / Brembo / OE iron rotors.

Performance Friction

BETTER FEEL: PFC pads have excellent and consistent release control from the first stop to the last. More brake bite with more control and quicker transition times. Race ReadyTM Heat Treatment provides immediate stopping power with limited bedding
    BETTER PERFORMANCE: High-Temperature Strength Carbon Metallic® friction is more resistant to pad wear at high operating temperatures. Ionic FusionTM process bonds the friction to the backing plate with the highest shear strength in the industry. Patented Powder Coating eliminates corrosion and ensures smooth faultness operation of the brake system
    BETTER RESULTS: Faster Transition Times. Quicker Lap Times. These pads are not recommended for road use.

Brembo Z04. The Brembo high performance brake pad range was developed exclusively for racing and designed to offer unparalleled performance in the most demanding race conditions: with greater braking control, greater system stability, increased braking power, outstanding resistance to high temperatures and reduced wear. These pads use the unique Brembo Racing Z04 compound, which is used in the World Superbike and Supersport Championships. The most significant characteristics of this material are its high friction and consistent performance, especially at high disc temperatures. These characteristics ensure superlative, consistent braking for the entire duration of the race and make the braking system much less prone to fade. For these applications, low temperature efficiency is less important, and as a result, these pads are not suitable for road use.

SBS RS. Formerly SBS's highest performing racing pad for Supersport & Superbikes in the late 90s and early 00s, the Racing Sinter (RS) compound is now rated as the ultimate and affordable road approved Track Day pad for your road & track bike. Being sintered, the RS compound works extremely well from stone-cold - and also in the wet - with excellent high temperature fade resistance and durability.

SBS DC. In the simplest terms, Dual Carbon pads have a similar make-up to sinter pads, but with an extra blend of special carbon materials. The benefits of the carbon characteristics are to once again improve thermal stability, stopping power and pad wear. They can be used with your standard steel brake rotors/discs. To some, the sound of the word carbon will have many running in fear because of their supposed disadvantages in the wet. However, Dual Carbon pads have been designed to work just as well in the wet as they do in the dry, and provided you get enough heat into them you should find that’s exactly what they provide.

SBS DS. The new “state-of-the-art” SBS DS Dual Sinter brake pad compound and complex manufacturing technology has been developed over a period of 3 years. Severely tested in SBS’ high-tech brake-dyno and bike tested by the best World Championship race teams to withstand the extreme load from speed and temperatures.

SBS DS Dual Sinter also meets the expected performance requirements of the never-ending development of engine power, suspension and tyre technology in World Championship racing.

Characteristics:
    •No thermal bedding-in or brake fade due to new sintering technology.
    • Very high initial bite.
    •Very high friction level and linear brake performance.
    •Very high thermal stability.
    •Consistent brake performance and brake lever position.
    • Extremely low pad wear.
    •Available for majority of new Superstock, Supersport and Racing brake calipers.
    • Recommended for top level World Championship and Endurance road racing.
    • For race use only.

#38 Monners, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. How did you find the MCRs compared to the other pads you've tried? TIA

20. The MCR is the Bendix equivalent of the Z04. I've had a couple sets of each now. I dont think there are any other comparable pads on the market? They are both top spec race pads as good or better than anything else I've ever used but they last about three times as long as normal pads so they are ideal if you are doing euro trackdays that last three or more days. They cost three times as much as well but it's worth it to save the hassle of changing pads. Both are very good pads but I'm finding the Z04 ever so slightly more consistent so have bought a couple more sets of those.

I've used the Bendix MRR for the last couple of years which are cheaper than Brembo and very good but like most race pads they do not last very long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information