1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Brakes

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, Sep 14, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Some great info cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Going back to your earlier coment on lever travel, did you bleed the M/C? I have just recently bled mine after noticing excessive lever travel, it made a huge improvement. The lever is much firmer now with a lot less travel.
    Pad material will change the feel of the brakes, my personal favurite from my racing days was Performance friction 05, they have a high initial bite without ramping up. I did try the PF 98's, these have less initial bite with a strong ramp up. My mate swears by the Bendix mcr pad, each to their own. Buying brake pads is very much like buying tyres, what one person likes may not suit another person.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes I did bleed the mc.

How much lever travel are you getting?

4. Main Dealer reckoned it is an issue with most ABS brakes but Ducatis seem to have a problem caused by engine heat and the positioning of the slave/ABS module. The lines are 8 ft long apparently.

He reckoned its worth tying the lever back overnight and then bleeding in the morning.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information