1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 1299 Electrics On A 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bettes, Mar 8, 2021.

1. yeah his choice of music is not the best choice LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. Got round to having the 1299 ecu re mapped last week and hats off to P3 Tuning in Liverpool. Bike now runs better then it did even before I started dicking around with it. The std shifter was binned off as it already showed signs of wear. One of the two micro switches had disappeared and was a bit of a mess. Replaced with a Translogic unit and worked straight away. Both upsifts and downshifts butterly smooth.
    140 bhp at the back wheel and a nice smooth enough curve. P3 have dyno’d a few Tri Options bikes and were getting 144 bhp on their dyno with the Akra’s so not too bad.
    Note how badly the 1299 ecu ran before tuning. 40 odd bhp! :joy:
    2F13B1DA-98B6-4D5B-9D2E-8D7F58FDDCE5.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. well done, i have been looking at this mod for my 1199s to swap over to the 1299s electrics package..
    maybe something for the winter :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Awesome mod... fair play for 'dicking around' ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks. Glad they were able to tune the ecu in in the end. That was really the only doubt about the whole project. It took 6 months in the end but I’m happy enough with it. :upyeah:

6. this is the ideal mod for a 1199 track bike as well, its would be interesting to see if you can get the Evo Update ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hi Nath. I’m taking the bike in for its service over Winter and I’ll ask them. Not sure it’d be any good in my case though as I’m still running the 959 wheels / tire sizes…

8. the 1299 has tire size calibration in the settings, so you should be able to correct an issue there ( hopefully)

9. Yes, done the tire calibration routine and completed but don’t know how the TC or ABS would be affected. I have the 1299 abs pump on but still using the 959 brake master and callipers. It’s all a bit of an unknown atm and haven’t found anyone else who has done this mod so on my own a bit there…

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think Toine van den Biggelaar did a Panigale electrics swap over to a 998 racebike ( the punisher bike), so might be a contact worth making

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information