1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Engine Temperature

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by X49Raven, May 21, 2020.

1. Hi all,

Been out the last few evenings on the 1299, and noticed that the engine temperature is hitting between 102 & 106c when i'm stopping at lights or doing 30 down roads. Is this normal? I do know the fan kicks in when it hits those levels, but just concerned as I don't want to boil the engine.

Cheers.

2. I would say pretty normal based on mine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Does your 1299 also hit those temps as well?

4. Yes it did. (V4 now)

5. Great, ok that's a relief off my shoulders.

Brilliant, ok I'll consider this chapter closed! Does the V4 still run just as hot now or is it better?

6. If these are the first rides of the year, it wouldnt do any harm to check your water level in the rad.

7. These aren't no, last time it was ridden was 3rd April, and quite a few times before then going into lockdown.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Similar.

9. Normal & my enduro does that in high summer stopped at lights. Which is why I had the exhaust ceramically coated (zircotec) to remove the heat from the bikes frame & into my leg. Out the back side'

10. Oo cheers, I'll take a look at that. How much did it cost to have it applied?

11. Could always flush and change your coolant if it’s not been done as a good measure.

There’s some good coolants on the market that can help bring temps down

12. Any particular one you'd recommend?

13. The decat box cost nearly as much as the whole system to get covered. From memory it was about £400, well worth it. Here is a thread I share images of before & after on.

14. I usually use motul out of season.

People seem to rave about that engine ice stuff though? I’m sure someone will be along with more knowledge than me on this dude, we can only really run water in the race bikes

• Like Like x 1
  15. So out again on the bike today, temps between 97 & 104c, lowest was 87c. Much better than yesterday. So can only think it's perhaps a combination of hot weather, shit traffic & fans fighting an uphill battle.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information