1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 1299 Exhaust To 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gp80, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Makes sense now.Just be aware a lot 2012 lowers do not have a cut out for the oil window, so checking your oil level is a pita,this was changed for 2013.

2. You can use the lower fairings from an 899, 1199 or 1299 as they are all the same :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah after a lot of looking I finally noticed this earlier!!

4. Sorry for the delay had to see if i could ifnd it.

Is this what youre after?

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

5. Don't think that's right. That looks like a Y piece for a set of the newer front exit carbon termi end cans. The good news is they're worth a fortune! That is if you're selling!

6. This is what a full system looks like

IMG_2513.JPG IMG_2514.JPG

7. The Y piece on the standard cans are part of the exhausts the headers join the cans at a flange which is held together with a clamp.

8. Oh oK thanks, sorry for the confusion then @Gp80
    Its not much use to me now so yeh if anyone wants it feel free to PM

9. The plot thickens then, so trying to find the correct piece may be tricky, and I expect there a small fortune from ducati !!
    So I'd ideally try and find a full 1299 system by the looks of it

10. Crikey what do Ducati use for the welding a blow torch and a builders trowel:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. @Gp80 I a man taking a full akrapovic system off my 959 next week with lower fairings and upmap if ur interested?

12. @Gp80 I am taking a full akrapovic system off my 959 next week with lower fairings and upmap if ur interested?

13. I may well be, just Depends how much you were asking for it ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Got myself a 1299 full system today, so on the way,just to order the exhaust servo eliminator ( presume still needed as got a full system ) and the hunt for fairings continues

15. It won't throw an error message you don't need to trick it. I fitted a full 1299 oem system to my 899 without problem, before you install it cut off all the servo bits and get someone to weld uo the hole before you put it back on, a proper job.
    Pull off the fan housing get rid of all the shit inside as well.

16. You will get an error code on the ecu if you unplug the servo but shouldn’t on the dash as far as I know.

You can take it to the dealer and get them to erase the code or just get an eliminator for £30 or something.

You can leave the butterfly in place as it fails open if you don’t want to remove it.

For the fairings I would (and did) just get new from the dealers.

£380 wasn’t bad I thought and you know what you are buying then

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am swaying towards just new fairings tbh as well, as you say you know you're getting then, I'll sell my Akra side exhausts which should get bk a chunk of the money on the conversion too

18. YOu will get most of the money back when you sell on

Not worth the hassle IMO. Just get new.

They’re meant to be £400+ but the sealer should give a discount I think I paid £380

19. How much of a job to fit the 1299 parts, looking at it removing the y piece could be a bit of a pain in the arse to say the least!!!

20. It is very tight

To remove the y piece I put bike on ABBA stand and removed shock linage bolt and could lift and lower swing arm loads more and was able to wriggle the pipe out

Without doing this it would require excessive force and risk damaging something.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information