1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Remap?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Anyone bothered ?

Worth while? What differences have you noticed?

2. Made a massive difference to mine

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got mine done, 189bhp 106ft/lb at the wheel and smoother

• Like Like x 2
  4. 0F60C2A2-5A80-461B-9B4A-957E242933F2.jpeg Heres my 1299s after the remap

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's an impressive increase, remap only? or exhaust change etc as well?

6. The bike has a full Akrapovic, but the exhaust was on in both runs. The first is with the standard Ducati upmap and the second after the ecu remap

• Like Like x 1
  7. nice, i have similar exhaust and BMC filter, and just fitted a RB Evo, so will be interested to see what the gains are after auto correction has been able to take effect.

8. D7C324BD-8421-42F2-ACC5-309E20BFC576.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. A slightly different but related question...

I had the Akrapovic Slip-Ons on my 1299s (fitted new by dealer for original owner) and the relevant mapping unlocked with the map key.

I've since fitted the Akra headers which was fun lol... So I'm wondering now. Is there much to be gained using the full system map/map-key over just the slip-on one? Obviously it will entail a dealer visit and my dash will then say "EVO" instead of "Racing" or the otherway around lol? I can' rremember and not with the bike...

Or would getting the ECU remapped on the dyno be better? What typically does this cost? If so, any recommendations? Is DWR in Aylesbury a good place for these bikes? I hadn't heard of them before...

Thanks

#10 Squadra Corse, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  10. I have Rapid Bike Evo on mine, best thing I ever fitted. Perfect fueling in every gear at any altitude and with any fuel. I just can't see the point of a static map anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. +1 for custom remap. Definitely worth it. Steve (Wilf) Moore at MotoRapido did mine 4 years ago and it's run sublimely ever since. It's probably drifted a bit since then but still feels and runs sweet as a nut (1098R btw).

12. Custom map everytime. The Ducati upmaps make the fuelling too rich. I used DWR in Aylesbury, no complaints from me.

13. Do IT, best thing you can do.... how the bike should have been from the factory.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information