1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 S Touring Tyres ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Brom66, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Tyre man said they are probably as good as you'll get, although he has never dealt a lot with Metz

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Try the big Dewalt , you may be surprised ? I've not found a nut yet it hasn't cracked, and that included my brothers Diavel that had three guys on it with breakers bars, holding rear brake etc etc. It spins overtorqued Ducati stuff off without breaking a sweat. :upyeah:

PS, sorry, back to tyres......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Got one of these. Excellent. Never had any trouble getting them cracked off. Always pays to apply a bit of penetrating oil for a few minutes first. I've seen more powerful Snap-on wrenches get defeated by a correctly torqued nut on my SF. They seem to seize on sometimes.
    Only drawback of a cheapie is it doesn't have a slow-start trigger. It comes on with maximum grunt instantly so you need to be sure the socket is on square. And the trigger is a rocker switch. One way for forward, the other for reverse. If you depress the wrong end by mistake you could end over-torquing and shagging the nut or the thread.
    Otherwise unbeatable for the money.

4. S21's worked a treat 3000+ miles done albeit last 1800 was more of a gentle ride due to issues with bike !!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. just back from scotland to newcastle /amsterdam to fiss tirol up all passes to ferrari maranell used metzeler sportec mt rr put 3000 miles on them still good

6. I did 5000 miles on my t30's from Bridgestone, also Dunlop smarts are good, not used S21's so can't comment.

Metzeler m7rr's are good but found they wear quickly compared to the T30's

7. Rosso III will last and grip well too

Do Not Sell My Personal Information