1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Superleggera

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by stevebu916, May 15, 2017.

1. My mate phoned me a few days ago to tell me his mate has got one of the two he ordered , I know nothing about the guy apart from he lives in Wales , he is running it in on a road trip my mate was supposed to be attending but had to pull out because of a knee op, he sent a pic to him and it was covered in shite due to the bad weather, good lad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It was a bit of a joke. He'll need to resell at some point so have to be by the book :)

3. Looks like there's plenty of disposable north of the wall, DG have just got 5 in ready to be shipped to their owners :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I thought they where all skint up there and put jimmy cranky in charge o_O

5. Nice bike but not a patch on the Desmo and even more expensive! Makes the Desmo like the bargain of the century! !! Wouldn't change mine for 2 of them!

6. Wow looks like I just wasted 72k on a piece of junk!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Well worth a watch a guys

Makes me regret not going ahead with my order now : unamused:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ye but check out his first ride in 2012 on the 1199 on youtube, then after that all they did was moan about it. So I wouldn't read to much into magazine reports, after all if he said its junk they they wont get an invite from Ducati or anyone else next time around, I happen to like my 1199 and probably will like my 1299SL!

#28 farmind, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. Based on a test ride, pic in a magazine...
    Please expand to bring value to this post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Desmo and SL two totally different bikes from different era's , can't compare really both stunning bikes with totally different heritage .

11. Hmmm, A youthful Bridget Bardo or an equally youthful Jane Fonda? Hmmm...menage et trois methinks

12. I will make it four but bags Bridget first as she was in the 60s.

13. Four? Get stuffed and get yer own dirty fantasy. At best its sloppy seconds for you pal. :)

14. take what I can get!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Amazing.

As nice as the Desmo is this new SL would bum it to oblivion in terms of performance.

Not taking anything away from the Desmo, they are both very different and different people like different things, that's what makes the world go round :)

16. The 1299 SL was descibed to me today as "brutal" and "the only bike I've ridden where I can't use full throttle". From the conversation, I got the impression that the incredible electronics package is the only thing stopping the bike from killing you. Sounds truly awesome but if £72000 wasn't enough to put you off accepting an offer to take one for a ride, that description most certainly is. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hopefully not!!! It's my opinion. The Desmo is a replica of the Moto GP bike and the SL? Nice bit of kit but not comparable, in my opinion, with the Desmo. The Desmo is something else. Just start it up and you'll see why :)

18. If I had it for a few days you'd struggle finding a dry bit to sit on.

19. There was a 1299SL at the Ducati trackday at Donington on Tuesday. Being used as it was meant to be.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Have you started you an 1299SL?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information