1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Superleggera

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by stevebu916, May 15, 2017.

1. Nope that's just the 50% who don't work, not the 3% who own 90% of everything ;):rolleyes::zzz:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Normally Martin from Glasgow takes his and it's painted differently. There we a few there last year, one going very well in the fast group

3. Wish they'd have named it slightly different from the original SL. Although the matte effect panels will give it away in a car-park'

4. Was definitely a new 1299 there on Tuesday and not the 1199.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IMG_2246.JPG IMG_2247.JPG IMG_2248.JPG IMG_2244.JPG Ducati Glasgow last weekend....

IMG_2244.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Good to hear. Don't know if Will had his out or let someone have a go...

7. Donington. Tuesday.

2017-05-30 15.26.18.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. I have NO idea what you are talking about........o_O

9. ...just wondering....has "the fix" for the side stand with Race Exhaust installed been explored yet ? :bucktooth:

10. Pretty sure the one at Donny was Martins from DG

Apparently the DP Carbon bellypan is very reasonably priced, buy a spare Dremel out a slot for the side stand and fabricate a little bracket to hold it together that's what Wilf at MR's had done

11. This one turned up at the Creg Saturday, sounded awesome, it was in Douglas Friday evening with a pool of oil underneath it :astonished:, apparently it's not wise to do long wheelies at high speed over the mountain as oil backs up into some breather tube and eventually dumps itself :joy:

IMG_6121.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hasn't he also had a carbon side stand made...

13. Yeah mainly to keep the look consistent (and it's cool :p) you could do the same with the stock stand

14. It sounds suspiciously exactly like the oil "issue" quite a few 1199's have had - full tach use, shift lights blazing, with an occasional bump off the rev limiter, or just plain old riding with a fully topped off crankcase, will cause oil to get sucked up the crankcase breather, into the airbox, and out the drain tube when (if you're lucky) only when parked on the side stand - if you're not so lucky, it will wet itself while riding and find its way to the rear tire.....not so nice :sob: :confused:

#56 RD16RR, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  15. Sounds right, thanks for the input !

16. That sounds like the standard Panigale over filling the oil issue to me? They all do that if you thrash them with the oil at the top mark or above. It's also really easy to think they are only half full and then come back from a session and the sight glass is completely covered.

I love that there are people using these bikes properly. It's got to be a 'hard' (first world) decision to choose a bike over something like a Porsche or whatever. I'd seriously consider it I think :)

17. Hurry up V4R

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ...it's more than the overfill theory....i've had it happen with the oil line at the low mark..nowhere near the middle (checked when cold) - conjecture is that it is related to the 2 ring pistons versus the 3 ring design on standard or S bikes - 3rd rings job would keep oil sealed in more in line with "normal" amounts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information