1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Trackday Tyres. What Do People Prefer....

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Lyndon, Oct 28, 2016.

1. I will probably run good road rubber on mine going forward simply because I'm sick of losing out on damp/cold days when slicks don't work but nor will wets. Less hassle ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I find the Pirell range a bit confusing. The Supercorsa's come in 2 different types, SC and SP?? In those 2 versions you can get 3 compounds, SC0, 01, 02 ?? So a choice of 6 tyres? So whats the V2?

3. SP is the road going version with a harder compound in the middle. It's made especially for bikes like the Panigale and BMW,etc that require track performance but need something that will last on the road. Using the SC version is a bit of a waste on the road unless you're only doing twisties due to it squaring off in the middle very quickly on long boring journeys.

SC0,1,2 are the hardness of the tyre. When using Pirellis on the Panigale I tended to use SC2 everywhere as they lasted a little longer and were a good compromise in general. The general advice is that if it's very hot such as summer in Spain then you go softer on the back and harder on the front and vice versa when it is colder in the UK.

Most performance tyres come in various hardnesses like this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I have used Conti slicks for the last 2 years and have been very impressed with the wear, 6 days from a rear...
    Only issue now is I have changed bikes and the 1299 uses a 200/55 rear, and Conti don't do this size in a slick.. anyone using a 190/60 on the 1299?

5. Three days on the Racetec RR K2 (one of those was damp/wet all day) and the rear is already past the wear markers... Was expecting/hoping for a bit more longevity out of these TBH.

6. Give the K3 a go. Don't know what the grip level difference between the K2 and K3 is but I'm sure the wear will be better. Andy

7. Cheers, yeah the K3 must have better wear, will stick one in and see what gives!

8. Ron Haslam bikes run Dunlop Road Smart 3s

9. Yeah, something like that or dunlop qualifiers or conti sport attacks that the CSS guys use. Need tyres for the gixer now...time for a search ;)

10. I've missed the Gixxer bit.........which one have you bought and when? Have you finally sold the triumph now?

11. Nope. Pick up another engine on 2nd, then put that in and sell for best I can get.

Bought old K4 750. Road/track bike, bit ratty in parts and stands the 10 pace test well, but took it out Thursday night and it goes/stops/steers as it should and has a few nice track-related parts still. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information