1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Dec 20, 2021.

1. now on a full Akrapovic system including Up-Map, but the Rapid bike sorts out the low end running very well, there is a marked difference with or without it.
    as a comparison, i ran the bike on a dyno with the RB unit fitted and then used the dummy plug and there was a 12hp difference.

#21 Nathanhu, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds like them rapid bike units are a good bit of kit.

3. I'm very sceptical of any snake oil device, and probably why I haven't gone all in on my 1199 track bike with a full tune, as I have seen the results of Box tunes being sold for 600 euros etc, and you have limited comeback.
    i run a RB evo on both my 1199 and 1299, and did a comparison with plugged and unplugged on the 1299 and was a 12hp difference (back wheel Hp)
    the one fitted to my 1199 was autocorrected many times with the Termi Evo sstk systemfitted , and ran well, but when i swapped over to the D170 underseat system without re-zeroing the RP unit, the bike ran so badly, i we had to open the dyno room doors due to the exhaust and it was also about 150 hp at the back wheel... RB bridge in place, so no mapping changes, and the bike hit 186 rwhp.. so there was a marked difference with the incremental changes that the RB unit had been making over the last 2 years or so (auto corrections accepted at the end of every track day).
    it will be interesting to see if RB unit can take the bike over 190 at the back wheel after a few corrections etc.
    so far.. so good, and it may be an option for the OP.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Think I might look into it for my pani r.

5. Does it smooth out the lower rpm ? im not bothered about peak hp but smother low to mid delivery would be nice around town .edit : I’m running std bike

6. Don't really matter what we post @pauly will never be happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'd be happy if Cook stopped the snide comments.

8. yes, this was the most noticeable improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have the 1199 R chain and sprocket kit from Ducati on my 1299.
    Big improvement in rideability on the road.
    Accelerates a bit faster. Never maxxed it out out even at Aragon. Was pretty reasonable cost wise. Wheelie control sorts out and increased risk of the front lifting.

I haven’t bothered with remaps or exhaust. Sounds ok and I wouldn’t benefit from the increased power and torque.

10. I know it's not a 1299 but it's a remap and race cans on an 1199. Bottom end is better and less jerky. I would assume a 1299 could get much better mid range, but this is like riding a big 2 stroke.
    Wheelie control can't cope, but it is much more controllable I would certainly get a good remap on a Panigale. Pink and green lines are mine, red is a remapped and blueprinted 1999. All runs on same dyno and same day so mostly comparable.
    Screenshot_20211225-115356_Gallery.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. @Nathanhu @ducv2

Have you both fitted the RBE? The numbers you have achieved are impressive. My 1199 has a Moto Rapido SSTK 13 pro ecu program, Full Reparto Corse Termi system with the sprint filter and the Dyno charts (dated 2017) are reading 172 max BHP and 86 torques!

sorry for the thread hijack @pauly image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. No worries, interested in the info. I'd have already taken my 1299 to BSD for their Woolwich remap, if it didn't still have 6 months of Ducati warranty on it. Though I've heard some remaps aren't detectable?

13. The two bikes have custom Woolwich maps which I guess would be applicable to 1299 as well.
    Cant really compare dyno graphs but this dyno does show 174 rwhp for my tuono which is pretty close

14. Dyno run 1199s Termi Evo3 vs D170.jpg
    my 1199s has a set of Carrillo rods fitted and nothing else internally, a Sprint filter, and standard ECU mapping ( no Up map) with this set up and my RBE and Termi Evo3 SStk system fitted I pulled 171 at the back wheel. ( different run to the one selected in the attachment)
    after changing over to the under seat D170 system, and re-zeroing the RBE map, it pulled 186 RWHP.
    the dyno is my Ducati dealer Dynojet system so have no issues with the numbers given so far.
    I was also looking at the SSTK 13 Moto Rapido mapping and what it could give me etc..
    My dealer was also very pleasantly surprised on the gains from the longer manifold system compared to the underslung version, and I wanted to make a base measurement with the termi cans fitted to the D170 manifolds as I have a set of longer SPF cans to fit to try and reduce noise issues on track days

#34 Nathanhu, Dec 26, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I'm not so much chasing top end on the 1299, but I'd like to fill in the bottom end and mid range. Not much happening under 4k, and having to drop into 1st gear for some roundabouts and corners isn't ideal.

16. It’s good to know the D170 provides real world gains over the underslung systems. Was offered one for a good price recently but was not in a position to purchase, will certainly be keeping an eye out for one now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi Pauly, I'm surprised by the lack of low down grunt on your 1299, mine kicks a lot harder than my 1199, so much so you can take a corner in 4th whereby the 1199 would need 2nd gear to exit well. ( lazy gear selection)
    what are your TC and DWC settings? as remember these will limit the torque in relation to wheel slip etc..
    I have the Evo update on my 1299, and it also helps out of corner drive in the lower rev range.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I've turned the DWC and TC settings right down, It doesn't have the Evo update, that seemed a bit pricey for what it does? TBF if the bike is in the right gear it does leap out of the corners, it just seems that's at least a gear lower than my previous BMW. From what I've read, that could be improved with a sprocket change.

• Like Like x 1
  19. @pauly worth just swapping the front for a 14t and see if you are happy with the difference I guess, its a low cost change as I think my last Renthal front sprocket was about 30 pounds?

20. Yes I'd thought about doing this, though wondered if it would reduce the clearance of the chain to the swingarm. I've read some 1299's have had a clearance issue there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information