1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1299s 1 Owner 37 Miles

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Old rider, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Actually I very much like these owners and the fact that near new bikes can still come to the market while being out of production for a while...

I bought a 10 miles 2013 1199s Panigale 2 years ago. Owner actually got it as a replacement under warrenty after having 2 years of problems with his Panigale...so got a brand-new one, rode it home and then sold to me as he was fed up with Ducati.

Then I re-sold it with 10 miles on it...as I could buy a 3 miles 1299 last year with 12 month warranty.

It still has 3 miles on it...

2. Why bother buying these bikes if you don’t ride them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Surely people are allowed to spend their money on whatever thy like? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. FFS what's wrong with the plug?
    Screw missing?
    Fit a new one......

5. The one on the other side looks the same, so it's probably a trick of the light. :thinkingface:

I'll pop round immediately to check though. :upyeah:

6. Good question!

...for example to take it apart, make a project out of it, enjoy searching for parts, it has come a long way in the mean time and has become pretty special. Will ride it next season. I really take joy out of the fact that it is still brand new. And have other Ducati bikes that I can ride...I actually use my 1098s most of the time.

...I appreciate that humans are not universal and that there can be different views and rationale on why people do (strange) things. It depends if you are in front or at the back of the house....2 people may describe it totally differently...yet still the same house..both are right. It helps to have an open mind and approach...makes life more entertaining and you get to understand other peoples view better.

My few cents

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Of course people are entitled to use, or not use, their bikes however they want, I just don’t understand why. It’s a bit like having a dog but not taking it for a walks :thinkingface:

For me motorcycles are about performance and adventure, not some shiny showpiece that never gets used. Each to their own I guess...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Many people had dogs as companions - not for walking.... maybe a Ducati is the same also.. Gives the owner a nice glow when in their company..

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. They might not have a dog for walking but all dogs need a good walk ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. My St Bernie - definately - 5.00AM - his face in mine - time to get up and take me out dad..

The bulldog... yesterday PM I tried to take her for a walk... she did not want to go out of her hidey hole... had to drag her out and harness her... she was OK when out... but much prefers a snooze than a walk...

She is asleep or napping 20 hours a day... the other four hours is for food and play...

11. Your bulldog still needs a walk, some new smells and fresh air, even if she doesn’t particularly appreciate it.

Like I said, people are entitled to do what they want. But I consider buying a new performance motorcycle, and not riding it, a bit odd. Maybe it’s a way for owners to express their vanity.

12. There are a few people which own Limited Companies buy bikes for for VAT & tax reasons etc. and then sell with very low milage later.

13. Must confess I agree with Jimmy. Bikes are for riding and getting enjoyment out of them that way otherwise they are just a piece of very expensive art. And art that isn't likely to appreciate in any massive way.

14. Money laundering??

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. nope perfectly legal under tax laws, tbh you can do it with cars with in reason, just harder to claim the VAT back, but you can claim the VAT back on a Company Car

16. Everyone involved in this story sucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not tried that, good reason to have a few in the garage ;)

18. apparently some companies have like 10 in a garage with a couple turned around each year.

19. My former boss was a seriel bike and car buyer he had about 30 bikes in his garage classics and modern the only one he ever rode was a BMW R80/7 the others he just kept moving in and out of the conservatory and office and polishing
    He also a jaguar V12 Engine type that the cat used to sleep in
    What a waste

20. It doesn't take many transactions now for a business to be defined as a vehicle trader. Hmrc and DVLA systems are linked these days.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information