1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299s Trade In Value

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Not much sells on here. Some real bargains take ages and still don’t sell...a full price, retailer cost private bike..this lot want blood..good luck! Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yeah..but they all have short pockets;);)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. index.jpg ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve had my 2016 1299S up for sale for months at £15500 and not even had one message about it. Only done 3200 miles.

I was offered £15k trade in against an R1M

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Bear in mind “trade in” values are all dependent on the full deal ie they just would take a hit the other end if it wasn’t a trade in. But it’s easier to ride in and ride out on a new bike. GLWS

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was offered £11,500 for my 1299S with circa 15k miles on it. I’ve decided to keep it for another year in order to see if a V4 super-naked turns up during 2019. Just splashed out £950 for the big desmo service plus new chain end sprockets. Good to go now...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think a problem with second hand bikes like high end Ducatis is the relative cost.

I.e. not many folk have £15k ready to shell out on a bike and so they ake a while to sell. When the dealers offer credit and there are more and more people taking that route.

There are obviously some buyers out there but it can take a while. And in the mean time you can get some ‘great’ offers from some ebay loonies!

8. Obviously being in an upgrade situation, you are in a better place dealing with dealers, then if you were just trying to sell.

9. Did a deal at the Nec for the stand bike V4s with the extras it had on about £32k. Rang them on the Monday for them to retract the offer.
    Funny thing is I asked them twice on the day to check they've got there figures right, was told the bike stood them £28k, and £10k to change, and they were wanted some low milage 1299s's. Deal was too good to be true wish I did deposit on the day.

10. Just for comparison.

In October 2016, I sold my 2015 plate 1299S with 2,000 on the clock for £16,495.00. Real nice chap that bought it but he was someone who had the money in the bank. @Bartebde has it right, the majority of people just don't have that sort of money lying about.

I will say, both my 1199S and 1299S were sold on BikeTrader. Not a sniff on MCN.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My 1299S is being collected tomorrow by a dealer on a sale or return basis

12. How much are they giving you for it may i ask if ypu don't mind

13. Sale or return so dealer selling and I guess taking a cut of sale price as commission

14. How much they selling if for is what i should of said sorry and yes guessing a small cut of the deal for the sale whats understandable

15. I was offered £11k about 3 month ago for my 17 plate 1299, with 4K on clock, it was the usual its winter and winter trade in values, on asking why thier bike hadn’t suffered the winter, there was no reply.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information