1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Jun 26, 2021.

1. I knew it! You’re one of life’s saddo’s :laughing:

2. @pauly have you ever ridden a 1098r??

3. I don’t have an 1198. Neither are we in France. However if you leave now, I’ll undoubtedly catch you up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Don't think he's ridden anything. Apart from his right hand....

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. And that was in a straight line :p:D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Looks like I got the better of you with the banter, now you've stuck out your bottom lip and started with the personal insults. What's next, challenging me to a fight?

7. :laughing: shut up :laughing:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Never seen one advertised, that wasn't hours away. Are they a big step up from a 1198S?

9. Yes. 30+ hp to start.

Fast guys ride Panigales. Real men ride 1098R’s ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yes mate, they are a totally different animal.

11. A quick google suggests it's only 10 bhp more?

12. How does the 1098R compare to a 1299S, that is lighter and has more power?

#72 pauly, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. Just a thought
    Why not buy one with your pension money before Rishi thieves it all ;)

14. :mad: Ive never had a go of a 1098R. But my 1198 made 171rwbhp and 107.1ft.lbs after a dyno set up with full system. The 1098R can apparently be tuned to +190rwbhp and is meant to be a right animal. Prob not good on road though. You said noise and looks is all you are after, an 1198 fits that bill. Makes more n enough power, looks great and sounds fabulous in just 'slip on' trim. Or just get the new beemer, tis pretty in msport trim. Mateys full akra on his hp4 sounds pretty good when I can hear it, which I cant as 1299 is just too fucking loud tbf.

A 1098R is analogue. The TC is shite so dont use it and the QS will eat your gearbox apparently, so fit a nova box is what Ive gleaned from on here. (same with 1198)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've had the BMW, and a lot of jap litre bikes. I fancy the looks and noise of a twin now, but it's still got to have the performance to go with it. I almost bought a brand new 1198S 10 years ago, but my K6 1000 and £11k to swap didn't make financial sense ultimately. I've fitted full Akra systems to a few of my bikes, but I just don't like the noise a 1299 makes with an Akra.

16. A K6? I'm surprised youre still here, those brakes are utter dross. My 916 deffo outbrakes those as matey had one and we could never get them to be any less than spongey.

My akra on my 1299s sound ace, but i measured 110dB ffs. I put baffles in and got 106dB. Yes, I have access to a fully calibrated sound meter. Plus I was prob being generous to the 1299, so its prob even louder.

My favourite was just the 1198 with slip on termi slash cuts. They had such a nice boom, fruity but pleasant. Loud, but not too loud. A nice rounded bass.

My 1st day with my 11 and I nearly had an incident on hill by where I live, I broke on the corner at bottom as I did normally on my 916 and was very nearly surprised by the stopping power of the m4 monoblocs. I came from the 40mm brembos on my 916. Those brakes probably help keep my mates behind me tbf. The m50s are even better and god knows how much better the stylismo ones are now. Duck brakes are the best you will find on any prod bike probably.

A V2 is very very differnt dynamics to an il4, esp one as linear and turbine like the beemers. So you ride them differently, you'll hate it for a while until it clicks. You point and squirt the sthou and square the tyre. You use all the tyre on a duck.

But we are all different, with different levels of skill and bravery. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes, the brakes were rubbish on the K6, but it was pretty much the benchmark litre bike for 4 years. Not sure if you're saying I couldn't use all of the Corsa on my K6 or 1000RR, but I had plenty of corner speed. And the BMW shift assist and electronics were in a different league to a 1198. I ran mine in slick mode from 600 miles. As for the bravery comment, when you have a decent suspension setup/tyres and know the road like the back of your hand, bravery doesn't come into it. Where do you live?

18. Turn the power up from 899 (wet) mode mate :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Have you ridden any triples Pauly?

Ducatis aside I get the impression it's what you're looking for.

Street Triple 765 or 800 MV.

20. No thats not what Im saying pauly, the beemer benefits from being able to square the corner off and fire it out. I think this style suits the beemer. (so much that matey shredded his tyre in franco, on a sunday with the monday a bank holiday). I dont think this style suits an 1198, prob suits the pani and v4 tho.

Yes the beemer qs and electronic package is miles better than the ones on 1198, despite mateys falling off but he didnt use any loctite the twerp.

Im in surrey, i dont race on uk roads, I prefer the french ones. Theyre empty, have very little street furniture, hardly any hedges so you can see for miles and frankly the roads are better quality. In UK theres simply no room. Plus the gendarmes are friendlier than our plod.

#80 bootsam, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information