1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 18,000 Mile Big Service At Italia Moto

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by RichieRich67, Feb 10, 2020.

1. I had a quote from Optimum bikes at Billborough near York for my 2017 1200s DVT It was £670. Ducati trained tech & lots of Ducati's for sale. Had good comments about them. So when i'm ready will give them a try. I will obviously get a quote from Cob & Jagger where I bought the bike new. But guess it will be high.

2. Good price that if it includes oil and filter too. As the oil is normally over £50

3. I was told it included everything. But my bike is out of warrantee now. So do I do it myself. Exige sells the belts.

#23 Steviegtr, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Guy at Optimum Bikes (Mark) is ex Cob & Jagger - I've just done a prototype Cable Kit for him for a 2018 Supersport… :):upyeah:

5. Yes they told me about the Machanic. They seem like a great bunch. Not sure if Dan Linfoot is involved with them. My daughter Emma was sending them some tyres the other day from Bike tyres Leeds.

6. Ah yes thanks for that Exige. I know Steve Sirrell at bike tyres has sponsored him for a few years now. Met him a few times when I've been there. Hope he can do better this year.

8. Hmmm great result, but I do question their bike prices which seem similar to the Sheffield group as way over other dealers... If they are in finial straits then perhaps more realistic pricing and an increased turn over could be the way to go.... But result with the work/cost on the service..

9. dunno what finial straits are... they’re not in bother though.

10. When I spoke with them they stated they gave up their franchise last July due to Ducati putting restraints on them which were not sustainable so they reluctantly gave it up after many years. And yes I agree they dont appear to have any problems they are always busy.

11. Do they reset the service light?

12. Soz.. The initial post mentioned them being taken over, no longer being a recognised ducati dealer... And concern over their financial affairs.... Hence the final strait... Statement... Tidy shop mind with great bikes just more than a tad expensive compared to others...

13. The prices are generally a bit higher yes, but the pre-delivery and aftersales service is second to none. Most used bikes have a six month warranty and they're very good at looking after customers... so on some occasions I've bought from them and been happy, other times I've bought privately and they've been equally happy to take my private sale bike and go through it to get it up to scratch.

TBH Italia are not always the fastest or the cheapest, but if you're clear with them about what you want / need then they will bend over backwards to try and help and they're more about the "relationship" I'd say than following this or that to the letter (unless you're talking about the precision of their work, on that they're pretty exacting). I've no complaints about them and it becomes a bidirectional relationship. Long may they continue doing what they do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. They’ve not been taken over just given up the Ducati main dealer franchise. Yes they reset the lights for you. If you don’t want to pay a dealer for this just change your oil and filter then change your clock back a year and it does the same job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Wish we had dealers like that in South East. Ducati Proteam are my go to mechanics

16. Proteam or protwins?

17. Alec at Proteam

18. Slight thread hijack.....but I’m approaching 18K on my 2017 1200 DVT Multi. I’m Bristol-based but would travel and train home if needed.

Riders of Bristol want £1.2-£1.4k depending on how many shims need to be swapped

Local Indie dealer Louigi Moto haven’t done one before but estimate circa £800.
    Anyone got any good recommendations, short of a trip to Lincoln?

thanks Rich

19. Bought my street fighter 848 off Italia Moto last October and did about 100 miles on it and it started playing up lights flashing and engine struggling to rev and i noticed it had the wrong size tyre on the back(Both tyres brand new Michelins) so i phoned them and they said it's probably a wheel speed sensor, no worries they said we'll send the van around to pick the bike up and get it sorted i said can you check the rear chain adjuster it seems stiff also,the bike came back in less than a week later with a new wheel speed sensor the chain adjuster working as it should and a brand new set of pirelli corsa's fitted and i didn't pay a penny and live in south Wales 200 miles away! They are a brilliant outfit and can't praise them enough :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information